Garmin 305 Not Connected (Mac) (Read 723 times)

MikMalDaddy

I realize this type of subject has been addressessed hundreds of times, but after a few hours I still can't seem to get my new Christmas present (Garmin Forerunner 305) to be recognized my RunningAHEAD  using my iMac via Safari or Firefox.  However, the device is recognized using eihter Browser and the Garmin Test Page. Are any other Mac users currently having problems?

Platform: Mac OS X 10.6.2

Browsers: Safari 4.0.4 , Firefox 3.5.6

Garmin Communicator v 2.9.1  (<-- If newest version is suspected problems, does anyone know where to find older)

The RunningAHEAD website DOES properly recognize my device when using bootcamp Windows Vista/IE7, so it seems like a RA/Mac problem). 

Thanks for any suggestions

Chris UK

Garmin Communicator v 2.9.1  (<-- If newest version is suspected problems, does anyone know where to find older)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10965357&vid=11094382&mode=info

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

MikMalDaddy

Thanks for suggestion, Chris.  Unfortunately, it looks like all links at Versiontracker point to the latest (2.9.1), despite descriptions that state otherwise.

Any other Mac users having problems when using all latest software/plug-ins?  

I can easily upload my Garmin data via the File Upload option, but it would be nice to use the direct method.

Thanks.

eric :)

MikMalDaddy,

Here's where you can get the version that's been tested with RA:

/help/InstallGarmin

Maniac

I'm having the same issue...And apparently I'm too stupid to figure it out.

Eric, that link takes you to the Garmin website, but it is for this product:

Software Update (SD™ card)

Part Number: 010-00427-02
            Suggested Retail Price: $ 29.99 USD

None of the compatible products listed are the Garmin Forerunners.

This is also my Christmas present, and I have been so excited to upload to RA...Somebody help.  Also, how do I tell what "Communicator" plug in version I have?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Maniac

Okay...I followed the link above in this thread and downloaded the Communicator plug-in (it's version 2.9.1)....Things seem to be working now.

Maybe.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Get Lost :)

Hi, I am using 2.8.3.0 (apparently) with my MBP on Safari 4.0.4 on SL 10.6.2. It's working just fine, so perhaps try this version. Searching for

Garmin Communicator 2.8.3.0

found a few links that might still have it.

MikMalDaddy

As of today (probably earlier in the week, but I hadn't tried), everything is working using latest Garmin plug-in.  Since there were no changes made on my end, I'm assuming this is related to the RunningAHEAD Site Upgrades.

Sincere thanks to everyone who took the time to offer suggestions and advice.