Hog wild! (Read 718 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The guys in Shaun... are in a new flick that is also getting rave reviews, "Hot Fuzz." I can't wait to see that one.
    Is that the one that's kinda like "Cops" but in England? That looks hilarious. Maybe it's from watching "Monty Python" flicks too many times, but I find myself waiting for the punchline whenever I hear an accent British/Irish Scottish accent. And Trainspotting -- that movie was awesome. I had to turn on the subtitles to watch it!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup, kinda like "Cops." Oh...Trainspotting. Where my obsession with Ewan McGregor began.... Those accents aren't hard at all once you get familiar. Derek spent a year in Scotland and every once in a while he will break out in brogue. Of course, he sounds more like Willy from "The Simpsons," than anything... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Okay, now look who's taken this thread off topic!! Tongue

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I started the thread, I can take it anywhere I damn well please! Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I started the thread, I can take it anywhere I damn well please! Tongue
            FINE. Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

High 5!

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

mikeymike

I feel like if there were such things as 1000 lb. wild boar in Alabama I would heard about it by now. I watch a lot of Discovery Channel. I call photoshop on this one.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I feel like if there were such things as 1000 lb. wild boar in Alabama I would heard about it by now. I watch a lot of Discovery Channel. I call photoshop on this one.
                    Check Snopes.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Check Snopes.
                      It's in Snopes, but not verified yet. It's actually gotten a lot of coverage down here, and if you type "wild hog" or "wild pig" into Google News, you'll see a ton of stories about it. It's even gotten some national coverage. Now wide coverage in the media doesn't necessarily make something true (WMD's immediately spring to mind), but I'm siding with it being real, based on what I've read.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's in Snopes, but not verified yet.
                        There are a couple of other massive hogs tipping the scales at 1k#s or more listed as true in Snopes, though, so I don't have any reason to doubt the validity of this one...yet. k

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

I saw this story on Anderson Cooper last night. I want to know where all that sausage went so fast!! We'll see what comes out of the taxidermy. I think lots of the stories that are on other websites are from the hog that was found in Georgia in 2004.
                          deb
                          mikeymike

Thanks to this thread, I've learned quite a few things about wild hogs. That they exist, for one. At first, I thought we were talking about boar, but from reading I now know that wild hogs in the south are actually the descendents of escaped farm pigs and/or hybrids of pigs and boar. Interesting. I also learned about Hogzilla, a legendary 12 foot, 1000 lb hog shot in Georgia in 2004 which upon exhumation turned out to be more like 7 1/2 feet and 800 lbs. Still a freakin' huge pig, the largest one ever recorded. I also learned about something called "Snopes." Cool. But that photo still doesn't look right to me. Like the kid is in focus but the hog is not. It almost seems like he's further back making it look like he's leaning on the pig but he's not, so the animal looks bigger than it is. Actually all the pictures on monsterpig.com give that same impression--that they are crude optical illusions. I beleive that this 11 year old and his dad shot a big hog, but for now I'm calling those 9 foot 4 inch and 1050 pound figures fish tales. Or hog tales, as it were.

Runners run

PWL

Has been

And Trainspotting -- that movie was awesome. I had to turn on the subtitles to watch it!
                              Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorites. Although I also love "Snatch". One of my colleagues and I always greeted each other with "Like dahgs?" Hehe... One of the few Brad Pitt movies I can tolerate. That and 12 Monkeys.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

This picture was taken a few years ago during our family/friends annual Poconos weekend (no children allowed)...In our bunch were two hunters, imagine how much they had to hold back during this scene, as the deer walked right up to me as I fed it some bread. I wonder if things would have ended differently for the deer if there had been a rifle or bow around. Roll eyes

Michelle