Brooks shoe advice? (Read 1107 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I know--four-year-old shoes=bad. Eddy-- I would go with the New Balance, unless your feet are super narrow. I have narrow feet, but I always feel like the toe pad in Nikes is really tight. NBs seem to have better cushioning, and I think they're more reasonably priced. Also, New Balance has better corporate practices than Nike, for sure, so I'd rather give my money to them.
    I suppose, I mean I have had no probs with the new balance, and as they say if it is not broke don't try to fix it. Got some of my xmas money today so I am getting a new pair tomorrow. I will let you know which ones I get.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Slow-smooth-fast

I ended up getting Nike air Triax+10. They felt great. I was able to have a tech guy look at my running style with a camera, He came from Nike. He says I over pronate, but not too much, so he recommended a few, and these felt the best. I was eager to try them out, so went home and got changed. Unfortunatley, I had to cut my run short due to the fact that I was unable to feel most body parts after a mile of running. On the bright side however, I did a sub 8 min mile whilst keeping my hr below MAF. Must have been something to do with the shoes. lol

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

obiebyke

Right on! Enjoy 'em.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

Back to the drawing board. The Asics are too wide! I'm trying Roadrunner this time. They have this awesome thing where you can run in the shoes for 60 days, and if they don't fit perfectly, they'll exchange 'em, no matter the condition of the returned shoes. Not a plug, per se, but I thought that was cool. So now I'm about to try what the customer service guy from Roadrunner recommended--NB 858's in 2A. Cross your fingers.

obiebyke

The NBs didn't fit either. Angry I'm getting really impatient with this trial-and-error business. Make me feel better: what's the most pairs of shoes someone has had to try before finding the right pair? The winner gets my awe at your suffering.