Happy Birthday (Canada and USA) Races (Read 628 times)

Go Pre!

We ran on Sunday, It was Canada's birthday. The race supported our Canadian Athletes and was held in 13 spots across Canada. The one we attended was the fun one, a trail race in a beautiful northern Ontario. Despite the fact it was a trail run through a national park on an old fire access road AND we erroneously started at the back of the pack !!! it was only wide enough for 3 runners and made passing the slower runners a chore over the first 2 K...I still PR'd! 47:38. I was hoping for better actually but considering the circumstances I am pretty happy with the results. 54/379 overall || 43/179 Men || 14/32 Men 30-39 Good luck to all of you who are running tomorrow! Dave
      Happy Birthday, Canada! And congrats on the PR, Dave! I think it's even sweeter that you did it on a trail!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice job DaddyO!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

PWL

Has been

Happy birthday Canada! I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how old you are...and you're not that far away. Clowning around Happy birthday anyway!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Go Pre!

Happy birthday Canada! I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how old you are...and you're not that far away. Clowning around Happy birthday anyway!
            We are 140 yrs young! 1867 (I was born in 1967 so that makes me a Centennial baby or something like that) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Day
            PWL

Has been

Thanks for the history lesson. I feel like such a self-absorbed American sometimes--no world view. Anyway, my wife and I are hoping to do a race up in Canada sometime next spring--probably a half-marathon, maybe a full. We were thinking of Eastern Canada just because we're in Maine and we could drive if it were in Quebec or Nova Scotia. But we'd be willing to travel further for a fun, well organized race. Any ideas of some good ones, Daddyo? You can be my resident expert on the country... Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Go Pre!

Thanks for the history lesson. I feel like such a self-absorbed American sometimes--no world view. Anyway, my wife and I are hoping to do a race up in Canada sometime next spring--probably a half-marathon, maybe a full. We were thinking of Eastern Canada just because we're in Maine and we could drive if it were in Quebec or Nova Scotia. But we'd be willing to travel further for a fun, well organized race. Any ideas of some good ones, Daddyo? You can be my resident expert on the country... Wink
                You have come to the right person! I have been researching a lot lately. Check out my website, I blogged a bit about this already. I may just see yuo at one of these races. Stay in touch! http://www.daddyo.ca/blogs/running/detail-view.php?id=58