Indoor Android App (Read 55 times)

rpk79

I have a Samsung Note 5 and a Garmin HRM and Footpod that work with it.  I can't for the life of me find an android app that will track indoor treadmill miles and HR for me.

My endgame is to be able to sync to Strava since I am mainly a cyclist and that is where I keep all of my cycling and outdoor running.  I've been tracking indoor miles manually and watching HR in a separate program, but I'd much rather be able to track HR and miles with the hardware I have available to me.

It looks like Garmin Fit did this at one point, but they pulled it this summer.

an amazing likeness

Any of the Garmin Forerunner running GPS which use the footpod and hrm input will do this...then your data will flow from Garmin Connect to RunningAhead and/or Strava.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

rpk79

Any of the Garmin Forerunner running GPS which use the footpod and hrm input will do this...then your data will flow from Garmin Connect to RunningAhead and/or Strava.

Yes, but I am looking to forego having to purchase a running watch and I have a Garmin Edge 500 for cycling.  I have a smartphone and a footpod / HRM that connect with it.  There has to be a phone app out there somewhere that tracks indoor mileage and HR.

runmichigan

Since most GPS watches have the ability to work with their footpod to track indoor distance, there is little to no incentive to develop an indoor Android app.

rpk79

Looks like Wahoo Fitness does what I am looking for.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wahoofitness.fitness

So, yeah, there won't be any unnecessary watch purchases in my future.

an amazing likeness

A quick google search lead to this article which list a few Android apps compatible with ANT+ footpods:

Tracking indoor runs on Android phones with foot pod

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

rpk79

A quick google search lead to this article which list a few Android apps compatible with ANT+ footpods:

Tracking indoor runs on Android phones with foot pod

Garmin Fit was pulled from the Play store in July and is no longer supported.  I would check into the others, but I have settled with Wahoo Fitness.

Thanks!