Tah Dahhhh!! (Read 748 times)

Menace to Sobriety

1st 40+ mile week since finishing chemo last Oct!! Also had the added benefit of getting to scare my oncologist during my routine bloodwork visit this week. It really freaks 'em out when you lose weight. I bet he asked me 4 times if I was trying to lose it.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

redleaf

Congrats on the miles! That is quite an achievement. Big grin And congrats on loosing weight as well - except why would it freak out the oncologist?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Menace to Sobriety

Thanks. I think the 1st thing they look at is your weight chart. Any weight loss for a cancer patient, past or current is a warning sign, at least until they realize there is an assignable cause.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Craig, that is so awesome! I am glad to hear that you are in good health. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Oh Craig, what wonderful news! That IS a "tah dah!" It has to feel amazing to get back the freedom and satisfaction of building mileage. It's such a special part of our lives, but it's hard not to take it for granted. Keep up the great work, stay strong and healthy and keep "freaking out" your doctors - in a GOOD way!
            ~ Fly ~
            Only as much as I dream can I be.
            veggies on the run
              That's amazing!! Bet it feels really great Smile
              runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats on the miles and on freaking the doctor. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hooray, Craig! Thanks for posting - what an upper!

Giants Fan

That is awesome! What an inspiration to the rest of us.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

1st 40+ mile week since finishing chemo last Oct!! Also had the added benefit of getting to scare my oncologist during my routine bloodwork visit this week. It really freaks 'em out when you lose weight. I bet he asked me 4 times if I was trying to lose it.
                      Craig - I'm with you there! Congratulations on your achievement! I know exactly what you mean - when I'm running lots it doesn't matter what I eat - I look like I have lost weight, but it is only the shifting around that the fat loss/muscle build does. I keep telling people i'm not fragile! I will be running a 15 k run on my birthday in August, which happens to be 8 years exactly since my last radiation treatment. Yes Go Craig Go!!!!! Big grin Big grin

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Yay, Craig!!!! Thanks for sharing your great news Smile Rururunner - good luck on your birthday run Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

That's so great to hear Craig!! I hope that you continue to have good health!! God bless!! You too ruru!!! Smile
                            Great news - congratulations!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

babs71

Fantastic!!!! Congrtulations!!!

A Saucy Wench

Awesome! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7