Alan Webb breaks USTAF 1500m meet record (Read 637 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Webb ran 3:34.82 to beat Steve Scott's 25-year old meet record. But the best part is this picture of him at the finish line. Dude wanted to win, and win he did.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

Sweet!

Marquess of Utopia

Wow! That would have been pretty sweet to see.
          Wow! That would have been pretty swwet to see.
          Here you go. Great finish. I had goosebumps and I already knew the results.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You weren't kidding. That was awesome.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You'll ruin your knees!

"I'm a human being, I have good days and bad days..." - Alan Webb Holy smokes! That kick was amazing...his competition had nothing with which to respond! The kid from Texas looked strong at the finish as well. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

The Floor Walker

I love it when he gets all fired up and flips out after his wins....talk about entertainment!
                  Thanks for the link! I saw this live, and woke up DH and DS when I started yelling at the end! Great race! With that kind of energy at the end, he probably could have an even faster finish in the future Big grin

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

Go Pre!

Unbelievable burst at the end. It almost looked like trick photography! Very impressive.
                    va

He had an extra gear!!!
                        Well what ya know, I guess a white man CAN still win a mile race. Extra Gear? I believe he hit the "NOS". Now, he is a pREDATOR!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

hot DAMN that's a sweet finish picture!!
                          2009: BQ?

Marquess of Utopia

Thanks mikeymike! The 3000 st, brought back some good memories.
                              He must of had some of Lil' John's new Kenyan Crunk Juice.

Vim

Wow, thanks for that link ---- I cannot believe how FAST they are ... the leg turnover... wow.
                                2009: BQ?