badges for achievements (Read 687 times)

xor

>> Dam Nation

Customized badges!

bhearn

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Hoban-Jay

Badges?  Badges!?   We don't need no stinkin' badges....

The King of Beasts

I could go for a bagel ? how far do I have to run ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

bhearn

I could go for a bagel ? how far do I have to run ?

If it's the cheese bagel I had for breakfast, 4.5 miles.

Better I Leave

Badgery

If that's a Honey Badger, it don't give a shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

MonkeyBunny

Why not?  Badges should also be available for running related activities.

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

xor

eric :)

Sorry guys.  I was way under the weather yesterday and didn't do much.

I doubt the badges would be a money maker.  My only interest in adding it is because you asked for it.  Having a "Company X badge for doing Y" is more gimmicky than the badges feature.  This is why I'll never be rich...

So let's say I'll add this feature, what kind of badges would you want?  I will need this info to assess the complexity of the feature and thus whether it's worth my while to delay other features.

The King of Beasts

If it's the cheese bagel I had for breakfast, 4.5 miles.

how far for a blueberry one ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

dennrunner

Do you people really want badges? Seriously?

This might be one of those time where a poll makes sense.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Do you people really want badges? Seriously?

This might be one of those time where a poll makes sense.

It strikes me as more clutter. If we're getting something like that, I'd sort of hope it's away from the forum (like on the profile or the log).

(I don't want them.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

eric :)

It strikes me as more clutter. If we're getting something like that, I'd sort of hope it's away from the forum (like on the profile or the log).

(I don't want them.)

If I'll be adding them, I'm thinking a few will be listed under your avatar, and the rest will be squirreled away on your profile page.

Eric,

For a list of badge ideas, check out smashrun.com. They have two sets of badges (many of them). If you plan to implement them it would be a great place to get some ideas.

-Rob

Running my way to being a little less fat.