Brooks Adrenaline 8 vs. 9 (Read 664 times)

I'm going to get new shoes tonight. I've been running in 8's and they've been pretty good for me. I know the 9's are out now. Is there much difference between the two? I'm hoping they still have 8's in my size and they are on a closeout price but if not, I'll pick up the 9's.

Menace to Sobriety

I'm about 80 miles into my first pair of 9s with no issues so far. I've been in Adrenalines since the 5s, and pretty much liked them all. I did think the 8s were a little stiffer than the 7s, but still had no issues with them.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

The comments on the Brooks website show that some people have had problems with the heel on the 9's. You haven't noticed any differences? As much as I've tried to improve my form, I'm still a heel striker so changes in the heel from the 8's to the 9's could be a factor. I really hope they still have the 8's since they've been nice to my feet.
          I am running in both 8's and a pair of 9's these days. I also have a pair of the ASR trail shoe which is almost the same shoe. I've noticed no difference except the price of the 9's is higher. I'm sure there is a difference but none that seems to matter much to me. I actually bought another pair of 8's because I happened to see them $30 off at a sporting goods store. I normaly buy from a running store but this was a good price.

Things worked out. They still had the 8's in the narrow sizes and luckily I have a narrow foot. Hallelujah! And they were discounted.
              I realize I'm posting this after your purchase, but for anybody else who wants the 8's, Running Warehouse has them for 59.95. I am currently in a pair of 8's and a pair of 6's I got on ebay, and I don't really notice much difference at all. I'm too cheap to try the 9's until the 10's come out.
                I realize I'm posting this after your purchase, but for anybody else who wants the 8's, Running Warehouse has them for 59.95. I am currently in a pair of 8's and a pair of 6's I got on ebay, and I don't really notice much difference at all. I'm too cheap to try the 9's until the 10's come out.
                Yeah I saw that yesterday before I made my purchase, but they didn't have my size and width. I was kind of bummed because that's a good price. Maybe the info will help someone else.
                  thanks for the tip. I bought a pair simply because I like the 8's the same as the 9's and well... at that price why not? I'll be using them in a couple months anyway.

I've noticed a small difference in the heel on the 9's but I figure they'll get broken in and be fine. But, I'd snap up a pair of the 8's while they're cheap. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff