Ever been kicked off a portion of your route? (Read 319 times)

flatland mountaineer

I was doing intervals on the local high school track about 8 am in late June and the Jr high football team came up to do some off season drills. They made a couple warmup laps and I easily avoided them but kept doing my workout. They set up to do some 40's and short drills and I just reversed before I got there. Anyway coach gave me major stink eye everytime I got within range and never said a word and this is a tiny little town. High School head coach at the time is a runner and we are on good terms, would like to hear what he thought.

On the flip side I have ran off several hunters on our land without permission and few that did have permission when they abused the priveledge. Amazing the excuses I got and amazing the entitlement attitude some had. I have never refused responsible law abiding true sportsmen that ask permission and treat your land and the owner with respect.

I usually ask my neighbors when I run  the cow trails and pastures around here, never been refused.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Feeling the growl again

I was doing intervals on the local high school track about 8 am in late June and the Jr high football team came up to do some off season drills. They made a couple warmup laps and I easily avoided them but kept doing my workout. They set up to do some 40's and short drills and I just reversed before I got there. Anyway coach gave me major stink eye everytime I got within range and never said a word and this is a tiny little town. High School head coach at the time is a runner and we are on good terms, would like to hear what he thought.

On the flip side I have ran off several hunters on our land without permission and few that did have permission when they abused the priveledge. Amazing the excuses I got and amazing the entitlement attitude some had. I have never refused responsible law abiding true sportsmen that ask permission and treat your land and the owner with respect.

I usually ask my neighbors when I run  the cow trails and pastures around here, never been refused.

Been there done that with the farmland permission thing....the fun ones are when the local sheriff has publicly stated that they will not enforce trespassing laws during hunting season and you try to run people off and they blow you off saying they already know the law will not be enforced.

Funny how the valve cores of truck tires have a habit of evaporating....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not owning the ground or having authority won't stop the dedicated HOA tyrant.  I know someone who was sued by a HOA because their door was painted a color they did not like.  The person sued was NOT part of the HOA, but was across the street in a different neighborhood.

As we start looking to move it's really frustrating that 90% of the houses on the market in the area where we hope to move are in sprawling developments (the sort of poorly slapped-together McMansions from the height of the housing boom...acres and acres of tree farms).  I don't want a big lawn to maintain or scrapbooking soccer-mom neighbors <50 feet from my front door.  Ick.  And I definitely don't want to live where there is pressure to have a lawn that is matchy-matchy to the rest of the 'hood or to be given the evil eye on Sunday mornings when we head out on our bikes or for runs, instead of attending church. *shudders*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Arimathea

Tessa

Yes, usually in rainy season if the Parks & Rec department deems a portion of the bike path unsafe due to potential flooding.