How could I possibly need this much running gear????? Do i need help? (Read 1232 times)

higa

I saw a very funny post recently about how much running gear we just had to have.......... Last count i had the following: 5 prs of shorts 3 'finisher' tops 11 drifit/coolmax tops 8 pairs of running shoes (1 current) why the hell can't i throw them out 5 prs leggings 4 running watches 1 HR monitor 2 dri fit caps 4 other caps too heavy to run in 5 crop tops/sports bras 14 pairs of sox oh and don't forget those undies that you can and can't wear for running Now i am cross training for cycling and I seem to be breeding more tops and cycling shorts in my drawer. i don't think i'm alone, what about others?
      Jeeeez! That's a lot of stuff. I've got: 1 pair of shorts 1 shirt 5 pairs of socks 1 pair of crappy shoes (desperately need a new pair) 1 road ID 1 watch That's one thing I like about running. It's pretty cheap... leaves me with more money alotted for the garage projects!!

~Mike

higa, As far as addictions go, your stash is actually quite reasonable. But I think you can stop buying watches now, since you have all 4 limbs covered. Do you wear them all at once? Big grin I still a newb, so I don't have much--so far. Hell, I've got more wetshaving stuff than running gear! 3 pairs of gym shorts 2 technical tee shirts (short and long sleeved) 1 pair nylon shell running pants 1 cheap nylon shell jacket 5 pairs of socks 1 pair of shoes 1 running watch/HR monitor Any suggestions on things you really NEED for running? Like fuel belts, t-shirts with neat logos, running books, sports drinks/bars/powders, subscription to running mags, running books. . .more running books, etc. Cool Mike-- How are things in Paradise?! I've always wanted to visit HI, but the closest I've ever been is watching Magnum, PI reruns. I'm an old Navy brat, my father was a submariner for a time. And I'm a total submarine and WWII nut. Visited several old boats and the last diesel-electric boat to be decommissioned (USS Blueback). Dumb question: how do run on a sub? Seems a bit cramped, but then I don't know what modern boats are really like. BTW congratulations on your first-born! Paul
          Hmmm, that's mostly clothes. Wait'll you get into trail and longer distance running with packs, camelbaks as well as winter running with face masks and snowshoes.Wink
          "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

SMART Approach

Looks like you guys above are running in mild weather. I will be running tomorrow morning at -7 degrees. Think about or add the extra clothes to the above for this weather.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

snooz_bar

We all have a lot. You need to be comfortable and confident when you are out doing your thing. Kyle
                Looks like you guys above are running in mild weather. I will be running tomorrow morning at -7 degrees. Think about or add the extra clothes to the above for this weather.
                Started running this past November, here's my winter gear: 2 stocking caps 1 pair tech gloves 1 thin wool sweater 2 pairs cotton gym pants Since it's still winter, I usually wear the above stuff plus a long sleeve tech t-shirt and windbreaker jacket and nylon shell pants. I wear the sweater only when it gets below zero. I'm lucky that it doesn't snow much here. The ground's bare most of the winter. It does get relatively cold, though. Good thing, because I have absolutely no intention of running in the snow if I can possibly help it. Yeah, it's wimpy, but I'm old Wink and have weathered my share of northern New England winters.
                  My name is Karen and I'm a running gear-aholic. I don't even want to describe MY stash to you! I think I have everything Northface makes, for one thing. (hey, it gets cold here (sort of)). Add running skirts, FIVE shoes in current rotation (for my 30 mile weeks), about 10 different levels of tech tops...... I don't want to even go into it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

My legs are killing me

It's funny how we take a simple sport (running shoes, pants and top) and turn it into an Apollo mission. I'm as guilty as anyone. When I run, I'm hooked up to more satelites than espn. Cotton shirts don't work anymore, have to use wicker shirts now and a if a new shoe comes out, we have to have it. I think we're all techno nerds disguised as runners! May the force be with you!
                    Scout7

use wicker shirts
                      Is that better than rattan pants? Just curious.
                        This could be a challenge from memory: Current running specific: 6 running shorts 4 running tights 4 long-sleeve compression shirts 3 short sleeve compression shirts 5 long sleeve wicking shirts 6 long sleeve wicking shirts Many pairs running socks 3 pairs running shoes (1 unused so far) 1 Garmin FR305 2 pairs running gloves 1 face mask 2 headlamps (one was temporarily lost) 1 Zinglet 2 LED blinkers Current non-running specific: 6 long-sleeve cotton tees Running gear - generally unused: Running jacket Assorted wicking shirts and shorts that I don't like anymore Socks I don't like Wow, that looks like a whole lot when listed.

-------------------------------------
                        5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                        10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                        1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                        Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

I have: 2 Nike Dri Fit long sleeve shirts 2 Nike Dri Fit singlets 2 long sleeve cotton race jerseys 3 pair Nike Dri Fit tights 2 pair Cool Max briefs 2 pair Nike Dri Fit running shorts 2 Nike Dri Fit short sleeve shirts 1 pair Cool Max glove liners 1 Cool Max head sock 1 polyester stocking cap 1 pair of running shoes This is all the dedicated running stuff I own and I run year round at temperatures from -10F to +90F. Tom
                          kcam

How come women call them 'tops'?
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Without actually counting, I know that my gear count is right up there with the rest of you. I have a strict policy of not running in anything that isn't a technical fabric of some sort, so I've got Coolmax (or the like) everything, including runderwear. I'll go commando before I'll go cotton.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My legs are killing me

Is that better than rattan pants? Just curious.
                                They might be.