Thesis on Running Therapy (Read 685 times)

Sure! Thanks for your participation!

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

CherryDG

Done. Very cool topic. I know it's a lot of work, but I'm kinda jealous that you're researching a topic that I'm really interested in. Smile Good luck and can't wait to hear your findings.
        Hi. I filled out the survey too. I'm in pharmacy school right now. I wrote a paper and gave a presentation on Running as a Treatment for Depression last year. I find this topic fascinating. Smile Good luck with your research!
        Cool... I have some literature on running and depression, but do you have sources that you found valuable that you could share?

Would also be interested in your results.
            Done. And I would be interested in seeing your thesis also. Thanks.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              Cool... I have some literature on running and depression, but do you have sources that you found valuable that you could share?
              Sure. Is there a way to email through this forum? If so, I'd be happy to email you my paper and presentation. The title of my paper was "Neurobiological Basis for Running as Treatment for Depression". My sources may or may not totally fit into what you are doing but I'm happy to share if they are helpful. If I can't email through the site, I could just copy/paste some of the article references I used into a post here.
                I took your survey. Hope it helps you out! Yes
                  Did it. The question about how long I've been running was tough to answer. I started when I was eleven. I'm now in my mid-30s. It's been an on-and-off thing for over 20 years.

Jeremy

Sure. Is there a way to email through this forum? If so, I'd be happy to email you my paper and presentation. The title of my paper was "Neurobiological Basis for Running as Treatment for Depression". My sources may or may not totally fit into what you are doing but I'm happy to share if they are helpful. If I can't email through the site, I could just copy/paste some of the article references I used into a post here.
                    My email is mclaughlinj@hotmail.com if you want to email it to me or you can post it!

muse_runner

keep running.

rroush-- I would LOVE to see your paper. Would you mind emailing me? jtuckerllu@yahoo.com thanks!
                      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                      muse_runner

keep running.

I also took the survey... I know that it may take a while to generate and/or allow us to see the findings, but I'd love to see them!
                        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                          Hi. I filled out the survey too. I'm in pharmacy school right now. I wrote a paper and gave a presentation on Running as a Treatment for Depression last year. I find this topic fascinating. Smile Good luck with your research!
                          I often feel down when I don't run. Co-worker of mine mentioned similar feelings when they didn't get their raquetball games in for the week.

Vim

I also took the survey... I know that it may take a while to generate and/or allow us to see the findings, but I'd love to see them!
                            It will take me a little while, but I will certainly post my findings when I can... I appreciate everyone's help!!! Have a happy Thanksgiving! Smile

Carl A

Done. Good luck--a master's thesis can be a ton of work, but it looks like you're up to it!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Done!

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice