Facebook app is hit or miss (Read 1429 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, that may not be totally accurate, because it is posting every run to my wall, but every now and then it doesn't add any of the details.  It just shows that I logged a run entry.  Other times it includes the details of distance, pace, etc. on the wall post.

Curious if anyone else has seen the same thing.  I've not changed any settings on facebook.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

I take 64 views and 0 responses as a "no" this isn't happening to anyone else.

Paul

A Saucy Wench

yup, I've seen it.  I take it as facebooks fault.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

ReaDaddy

I have actually never seen any updated on my wall!?!  I had no idea that it did that.  Is that a special setting I need to set or something? The only time I see it is when I actually click the application icon in my little bookmark bar.  I will have to investigate it a little more.  Anybody else use the Facebook application?
          Peace Out! Big Sur 1/2, CA - Nov. 15, 2009!!!
          xor

(and keep in mind that when you put it on your wall, it posts it on all your friend's home pages too)

((one of the unintentionally funnier aspects of facebook to me is when someone posts something kinda private or racy on someone else's wall thinking only they will see it... nope, not only CAN anyone else see it unless you change your wall settings, but anyone looking at the home page around the same time WILL see it))

theyapper

On the road again...

(and keep in mind that when you put it on your wall, it posts it on all your friend's home pages too)

I only post my runs on my wall (and subsequently my friends' walls, too) as an attempt to provide humor on FB for as many people as possible.  

That is a good reminder, though, about the way FB works.  Wall posts are public; messages are private.  Good to remember that.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

I have actually never seen any updated on my wall!?!  I had no idea that it did that.  Is that a special setting I need to set or something? The only time I see it is when I actually click the application icon in my little bookmark bar.  I will have to investigate it a little more.  Anybody else use the Facebook application?

I think that there is a checkbox within the application settings on FB that allow it to publish your activities on your wall.

Paul

eric :)

Well, that may not be totally accurate, because it is posting every run to my wall, but every now and then it doesn't add any of the details.  It just shows that I logged a run entry.  Other times it includes the details of distance, pace, etc. on the wall post.

Curious if anyone else has seen the same thing.  I've not changed any settings on facebook.

theyapper66,

If the workouts are on your wall, but the details are missing, chances are good that it's a Facebook thing since the code on RA does not change so it would either work or not at all.  Facebook is constantly changing behind the scenes so I'm not surprised if things don't work properly all the time.

eric :-)

onquilt9

Hi!

I have checked the box to "publish" my activities but I don't see them on my wall and I don't see them posted as an update.  I want to post them to my wall. If I go to the APP within FB for Runningahead, I see the runs, but no where else in my FB.

Any suggestions?

--Reina

Hi!

I have checked the box to "publish" my activities but I don't see them on my wall and I don't see them posted as an update.  I want to post them to my wall. If I go to the APP within FB for Runningahead, I see the runs, but no where else in my FB.

Any suggestions?

--Reina

same thing is happening with me.

Jennifer mm#1231

That is correct - try this:

Once logged into Facebook, on the top right click on Settings - Application Settings.

You should see Running Ahead in the list - click Edit Settings next to it.

Click on Additional Permissions and make sure both boxes there are checked.

I think that there is a checkbox within the application settings on FB that allow it to publish your activities on your wall.

Hi!

Any suggestions?

--Reina

Hi Reina,

It depends on when you first used the FB app.  Facebook changed the way feeds are posted to your wall, which outdated the preferences you set in the app.  Instead of deleting everyone's preferences, I left it alone.

To fix the problem, go to the app's preferences page.  You should see a link at the bottom that lets you unlink your RA account from the Facebook RA app.  Go ahead and unlink it.  After that, you'll be asked to enter your RA credentials so do that.  Go back to the preferences page and you should see the publish activities button.  Click it and you should be able to push your workouts from RA.

How do you set up the facebook aplication?

I can not find it under tools or settings.

Thanks

PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?

How do you set up the facebook aplication?

I can not find it under tools or settings.

Thanks

http://apps.facebook.com/runningahead/

I got it thanks.
                                PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?