Weight Graphing (Read 765 times)

There appears to be a bug when you graph weight versus time if you have multiple workouts in a single day. The graph adds the weight of each workout to the top of the other workouts on the same day, giving an unexpected result. I would think in the case of multiple workouts on the same day, people would want an average of the weight fields to appear in their graphs (to account for the possibility of an intra-day weight change).

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

PWL

Has been

The histogram graphing feature is set up to be cumulative so it adds multiple weight entries for the same day. The best way I've found to graph weight change over time is to use the XY Graph option instead. This isn't perfect either but it will show you a nice trendline. If you check the Relative Scaling button it looks even better! Smile (If your trend is downward sloping anyway)

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Graph as an X-Y plot and you should be OK. For multiple entries on a given day, the histogram plot type only works for y-axis items that can be summed (like distance). If you're really wedded to the histogram plot, you could remove the weight from one of the entries on your multi-run days e.g on 9/2, delete the weight in your recovery run entry). Then, I think your graph would look like you expect it to.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Ah, so its a feature/function of the graph type. Got it ... thanks.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You sure it isn't just fluid retention?
              You sure it isn't just fluid retention?
              All external evidence to the contrary, I tend not to get hormonal 6 separate days in the same month.

eric :)

This is one of the areas I'll be addressing when I redo the graph. Hopefully it's not more than what I can bite off. Gathering data to create graphs is not something easy to do, which is why not many sites have done it.