16 miles (Read 858 times)

Prophet!

and i'm still alive...took me 2 hrs and 51 minutes..now i'm just gonna be loopy all day at work...BTW i tried out using Hammer Gels, i think it helped me as I felt good ..i wish i had one more left in my last 3 miles... now i realize...10+ miles to go on top of this for the marathon...eek...
      You'll make it. Big grin Congrats on your long run!

Roads were made for journeys...

and i'm still alive...took me 2 hrs and 51 minutes..now i'm just gonna be loopy all day at work...BTW i tried out using Hammer Gels, i think it helped me as I felt good ..i wish i had one more left in my last 3 miles... now i realize...10+ miles to go on top of this for the marathon...eek...
        Congrats! And smart thinking with the gels (although I'd prefer my double-caffiene Espresso Gu). I did 15 the other day without any food or water ... not the wisest idea to count on water fountains and a banana. Big grin This is probably the wrong time to tell you what you'll learn soon enough: that the last 5-6 miles of a marathon are easily as hard as the first 20 ... even without flying monkeys ...
        E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
        -----------------------------