16 miles (Read 859 times)

Prophet!

and i'm still alive...took me 2 hrs and 51 minutes..now i'm just gonna be loopy all day at work...BTW i tried out using Hammer Gels, i think it helped me as I felt good ..i wish i had one more left in my last 3 miles... now i realize...10+ miles to go on top of this for the marathon...eek...
    Wingz

Professional Noob

You'll make it. Big grin Congrats on your long run!

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

and i'm still alive...took me 2 hrs and 51 minutes..now i'm just gonna be loopy all day at work...BTW i tried out using Hammer Gels, i think it helped me as I felt good ..i wish i had one more left in my last 3 miles... now i realize...10+ miles to go on top of this for the marathon...eek...
        Congrats! And smart thinking with the gels (although I'd prefer my double-caffiene Espresso Gu). I did 15 the other day without any food or water ... not the wisest idea to count on water fountains and a banana. Big grin This is probably the wrong time to tell you what you'll learn soon enough: that the last 5-6 miles of a marathon are easily as hard as the first 20 ... even without flying monkeys ...

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------