2nd Marathon 3 weeks after the first (Read 442 times)

Was a 19 minute PB 3:53:41 chip time!! yay me, I'm thrilled, I so wanted to break 4hrs. It was a fantastic day for running and I ran about as well as I possbly could. I got about 7 hrs sleep the night before- YAY!! I ate breakfast- YAY!! I was able to go to the bathroom 15 minutes before the start - YAY! I chewed on gummie bears throuout the whole race. I always had one in my mouth and when it dissolved I'd pop another couple. I'm really not that profficient at pacing myself at a steady rate especially on this course which was rolling hills throughout. However the fastest km I had was 4:50 and the slowest was 5:56. Yes it was the last 2km that I registered a pair of 5:50 something k's but I didn't care because I knew if I didn't stop I was easily breaking 4hrs. Thankfully I wasn't faced with the decision to really push at the end to accomplish my goal because I really don't think I had anymore to give anyway. The focus for the last 3km was DON"T STOP. and I didn't. If I can improve 8 minutes next year it would be a BQ. Who'd a thunk it, it is a real possibility now!! I'm so happy I can just SH__..... thankfully I got that out of the way in the morning Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Nice work Pat! I was hanging around the finish line when you came in but I missed you... too bad. I missed Daddyo too. Recover well and enjoy the accomplishment.

#artbydmcbride

Woohooo! Great job!! Smile

Runners run

I am amazed. Great effort!! I'm just getting my energy level back after the Scotia Waterfront. Can't even imagine running another marathon so soon. Now can you get some rest?
          Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30

A Saucy Wench

fantastic!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

That's awesome -- way to go!

2012= under-goaled

JimR

Hey, Pat! That's super cool! I'd forgotten you were running this one, but I wouldn't have been able to stick around to catch you finish anyway, given the hour difference in the start times. You shouldn't have a problem getting those extra 8 minutes. Cut back for a bit and get some recovery, then focus on next year. Are you going to try for spring or fall? Mississauga in May is a great course to BQ on, Ottawa's another option but a lot more crowded. You already know what's in the fall. I'm starting to think about another long one, I haven't run a full since 06. I'd like to BQ next year so I can Boston when I turn 50.
                  Thanks for the inspiration everyone. Feeling great today!! Jim Yeah I'm taking this week off.........well until the weekend anyway Big grin Another mile stone I didn't even realize until after the race is, the race put me over 2,000 miles for the year. I'm not racing again until the ATB, and yes I will run Mississauga in May and probably both fall ones again. I Saw Fast Eddy at Mid Summers night run ........ he was wearing one wild costume Shocked. That is one awesome sting you got!! Glad to see you've survived running all these years, 20,000 kms, wow man good for you.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius