I was on the Telly last night.... (Read 1990 times)

Chris UK

Just thought I would put the last of the pictures that I have up here to complete the story - Half way point at Skegness Clock Tower - Little and Large springs to mind - I think this is the only picture of me on the way back ( before the hills around the 30 mile mark). Scarily I don't even appear to be sweating - This is what I got for completing the run - Now I've got that off my chest I'll shut up. Big grin

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Chris, thanks so much for sharing that! What a great story! You brought tears to my eyes. Infact, not that this compares, but you inspired me to get my video out of a 10 mile race that I ran back in 1989 when I was 23. It was my very first race I'd ever run and it just happened that a major sports channel (ESPN) was covering & televising it later that day! So after the race was completed, I videotaped it at home. There's actually a small moment where my girlfriend and I were on t.v.! Tears came back when I saw it, though. My friend was very dear and was the one who introduced me to running. Tragically, after she'd gone back to college that year, she was killed in a car accident when she was rounding a sharp curve in the road and an oncoming car went into her lane. She was just about ready to become an elementary teacher. She was one of the nicest people I've known. She was such an inspiration, and still is! Thanks for nudging me toward my old videos and reliving a great memory!!! Smile
      Chris UK

Hi Joni What a tragic story. To lose a life when so young and all stands before you. It surely makes us thankful that we still have the opportunity to do those things in life that we hold dear. 'Carpe Diem' as they say. It is great that you still have that film though and can look back at it and re-live that wonderful friendship. If my story has in some small way helped with the pain of that event then I am very glad that I have told it. Take care.

3000 miles

jpdeaux

Ha! Awesome. I was going to try to be clever and say, "Why isn't that run in your RA log?" Lo and behold. That is an excellent story.

mta: The OP's story, not the one above obviously. I'm an idiot and didn't read the entire thread first before posting.

Chris UK

Ha! Awesome. I was going to try to be clever and say, "Why isn't that run in your RA log?" Lo and behold. That is an excellent story.

mta: The OP's story, not the one above obviously. I'm an idiot and didn't read the entire thread first before posting.

Ha  - I was  a slacker that year - only got those 50 miles in my log.

And just to tie things together you came to here via this -

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a9a9ef5e09984eaea24c4e3be463026d/0

3000 miles

Michael Wardian just posted on Facebook that he is running this year's Maryland JFK50 in a couple weeks, which reminded me to bump one of my all time favorite RA posts.

The link to the video is in this thread, but because I'm such a nice guy you can just click here for the video from the telly

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Joann Y

Oh man, thank you for that!  Really enjoyed it.

BeeRunB

Great story, Chris. Enjoyed the video. Did you stop for food and drink along the way?

bap

Very nostalgic Chris. What a bunch of nutcases.

I was a too young at the time otherwise you never know.

Certified Running Coach
                    Crocked since 2013