Finally Broke 22:00 on my 5k!! (Read 856 times)

I am, in fact, using lydiard based training. I'm just now adding in a little bit of speed work.

Now that was a bath...

Jess, it's great to hear of someone that's following his programs and finding success. You hear so much bad press about his methods, particularly on message boards, despite all the evidence that his plans really do work. If my leg ever recovers enough to get me off that darn grass track i'll be hitting you up for some tips and advice. Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      muse_runner

keep running.

Thanks Gals is Lydiard a heart rate monitoring guy? I thought he was just old school running theory with a heavy heavy emphasis on increasing aerobic base. But I also have some writings from him on hill repeats and stuff... I'll take a look. To be honest, I despise speedwork but love tempo running. I average about 38 miles a week on off season. You'd think this would mean something for me but I'm not totally certain... yet. I start to notice a difference in my running around 45 miles a week.... hmmm.... maybe I just taught myself something in this post! Smile
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
          Thanks Gals is Lydiard a heart rate monitoring guy? I thought he was just old school running theory with a heavy heavy emphasis on increasing aerobic base.
          Lydiard was definitely not a HRM guy, since most of his best work took place in the 1950's and 60's. And he was not a simple running theorist either. Unlike many of the modern ex-phys guys, Lydiard's labs were the road and the track, the subjects of his experiments were real athletes and the results of those experiments were Olympic medals at distances from 800m to the marathon.

Runners run

muse_runner

keep running.

Guess I have some reading to do. I've been steady to worship of Daniels.
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
              I didn't even know that he had any sort of bad rap? I have a few friends who tease me for running slow a lot of the time but at least i'm not injured every other week and I'm also getting more substantial PRs than them.