The what I ate today thread (Read 1513 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Since folks have been asking - Wednesday, March 21 Breakfast: Eggwhite (x 3) on wheat toast (x 2) with a slice of cheese (~350 kcal) Banana (~100 kcal) Lunch: Conference food, oversized tuna sandwitch with cheese (~500 kcal) Half cookie (~75 kcal) Orange (~50 kcal) Water Snack: M&Ms throughout the day (~150 kcal) Buffet at reception, potato thingies and salmon thingies (~200 kcal?) Dinner: A couple bites leftover organic Mac & Cheese (~50 kcal) Red beans and Rice (~150 kcal) Jucie mixed with water (~50 kcal) Total: ~1750 kcal Run: 9 miles Next...
    Jill_B

I fly.

About 19 cookies. That is all. And I didn't run. Did I mention the house we were going to buy fell through? Oh yeah, I'm not at all stressed. Not even a smidgen.

Bring it on.

muse_runner

keep running.

2 servings of oatmeal rough cut (300 cals) 1 large Mcintosh apple (85 cals) 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (80 cals) 5 cups of broccoli and veggies (100 cals) 4 almonds (30 cals?) chicken stuffed with rice (5 oz) 150 cals 1 large McIntosh apple (80 cals) 16 oz of yogurt fat free no sugar 160 cals 1 cup of fiber cereal (120 cals) 4 rice cakes (100 cals) with fat free cream cheese on top (100 cals) 100 calorie pack of graham crackers (duh) 1 medium banana (101 cals) 1.2 tablespoons of almond butter a whole lotta fat free cool whip! (100 cals) ~2000 cals for the day tempo run 4 miles + warm up and cool down, 3 miles = 7 miles total
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

Prophet!

i ate a whole lot more than trent did Blush Bagel + Cream Cheese 350 kcal GoLean Crunch Bar 180 kca Garlic Chicken Lunch Plate probably 1000 + kcal Coldstone Cake Batter w/ cookie dough ice cream 500 kcal Leftover Mac and Cheese and Grilled BBQ Veggies sandwich from California Pizza Kitchen. who knows kcal... Whole lotta kcals + Run 5.9 miles + Surf 1.5 Hrs = One Happy Steve! Aloha.
            *sigh* I guess I'd better start paying attention to what I eat. Maybe now I'll think twice before inhaling that tastycake or doughnut. I can't resist choc. chip cookies though...they are always fair game. Big grin I'll have to follow the lead of everyone here and see what healthy stuff I should be buying from now on!

Michelle

Trent-- Do you eat M&M's every day? My husband keeps M&M's at work and each day he portions some out for himself. It's a funny sight. He has them lined up along the top of his desk and every now and then he'll take one. It's his little system of a pick-me-up to last throughout the day (he doesn't drink coffee). I think he's figured that what he eats is the equal to a small bag you'd get from a vending machine. He tried to take the M&M's out of his daily diet but then started to forget things, he had trouble sleeping etc...it was odd (and funny, my husband NEVER forgets things normally). So, half-jokingly we figured he was going through some sort of withdrawal from lack of M&M's...the mind is strong tool, we convinced ourselves that the M&M is that powerful. Blush

Michelle

mikeymike

So this is for yesterday now? Pre-run: 16 oz glass of Gatorade mixed myself to be kinda weak. Breakfast: Big bowl of cheerios with non-fat milk. 16 oz. glass O.J. 2+ cups coffee with sugar and non-fat milk. Lunch: Chicken fajita wrap (chicken, rice, peppers, onions, hot sauce, probably too much oil in a flour tortilla) Water Snack: 1/4 bag of trailmix consisting mostly of raisins, peanuts and cashews. Water Dinner: Plate of tortellini with marinara sauce, a bunch of peas. Water Desert: 3 Girl scout cookies. Alas. Water Total: No idea how many calories. Run: 8.3 miles

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I keep a big bowl of Ms in my office. Right now it is mixed up of white chocolate, dark chocolate and regular Ms. It is a big draw for folks to come by and say Howdy. I keep the bowl far from me, but have a few every now and again. I go into withdraw as well Big grin
                    Wednesday March 21 Breakfast: Banana,Glass of lite applejuice,soft pretzel, 1/2 cup coffee Lunch: Small bowl whole grain pasta w/parm cheese, 1 cookie, Water Snack: Throughout the afternoon - dry golden grahams cereal, Ohhhh yeah, forgot about this one...2 Reeses peanut butter cups (RARE treat), Water RUN- 3.1 miles Dinner: Salad with crushed almonds, non-fat ranch dressing, Asian flank steak (three small strips), baked potato with sour cream (can't resist), Cup of 2% milk Snack Before Bed: One slice whole grain bread, Banana, Water

Michelle

I'm not going to count my whole day. But I had a quick check and I think my yesterday's evening meal comes to well in excess of 2000kcals. I always go into mega-eating mode once I start training properly.
                        Yesterday: Breakfast: - Milk & Cofee Snack - A protein bar after the first hour of XC skiing Lunch: - Pasta, salad, salmon Snack: - Milk with Oats Dinner: - Pizza Total: 3200kcal
                        JakeKnight

About 19 cookies. That is all. And I didn't run.
                          Thank God. A normal person. Well, except for the not running part. What's wrong with you? Oh - today, I had food. More food tomorrow. I like food. It's good.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

muse_runner

keep running.

Really guys this is how I eat: breakfast snack lunch dinner snack snack snack! i adore night time snacking. i wonder if it's 'cause i am stocking my muscles with fuel? my after dinner snacks alone have 400 cals. Big grin i'm so proud of that! why? zero fat and all carbs how can that be bad for a runner?
                            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                              Hmmm. I wonder if all those little handfuls of fishy crackers I grab and shovel in my mouth should be added into my list - Nah, they are so little how could they possibly add calories? Roll eyes

Michelle

The sleeve of Oreo cookies might add a few calories though. Big grin (Just kidding - I haven't done that in YEARS!!)

Michelle