Elevation (Read 767 times)

derriere

Anyone else having problems getting the elevation of routes? Where I created routes and clicked the elevation button prior to saving, it is fine, I can see the elevation graph. However, when I click the elevation button for routes which aren't currently showing the graph, it refuses to bring it up. I keep getting a message along the lines of "elevation service temporarily unavailable" which is ok but it has been doing this now for over a week! Is it just me? Confused
    eric :)

derriere, There has been sporadic outages, much of that in Europe. Which part of the world are you at?
      derriere

Hi Eric Thanks for replying. I'm in the UK.

Imminent Catastrophe

It's still down in the UK. I'm trying to plot the Loch Ness Marathon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jeffrey

I still can't get elevations for Canada or Australia. Actually ... now I can't remember if I have ever been able to get elevations for my Aussie maps. I think Eric said its out of his control - a USGS thing.

I don't think I ever tested Australia for the elevations. I'm working on getting a new server with much larger capacity for the elevation data. Once that's done, I can provide elevation data for the whole world. Until then, I apologize for its outage.

Imminent Catastrophe

I don't think I ever tested Australia for the elevations. I'm working on getting a new server with much larger capacity for the elevation data. Once that's done, I can provide elevation data for the whole world. Until then, I apologize for its outage.
                And once you've done that, I want Mars, too!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

And once you've done that, I want Mars, too!
                  Is that all?