Beaten by an Amish Man in a Half Marathon (Read 449 times)

Not that there's anything wrong with that... I actually had a half marathon PR today of 1:34:32 on a tough rolling course. At the beginning, I noticed this dude in khaki workpants with a button down shirt running in those shoes that are half sneakers, half hiking boots... Since the course was going by a farm at this point, I figured he was just an Amish boy from the farm banditing for a little fun... Except I chased him for the first ten miles... and then when I started to tire, he didn't! He beat me by around a minute... I came in 28th out of 350... He was around 24th... my wife said when he finished, he didn't even look winded.. quite an accomplishment in that outfit, I'd say. This is the same town where Floyd Landis won his first few bike races in sweat pants, but that's the first I've had anything like that happen to me... needless to say, a rather humbling PR. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Great PR! And in terms of not-that-there's-anything-wrong-with-that stories, my behind was kicked from here until next Tuesday by a Mennonite girl in an ankle length skirt in a 25K some time ago.
      2008 Goals
    • Run 1250 miles
    • Get down to 135!
    • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
    • zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eryn/backroadrunner married an Amish guy (she corrupted him, LOL). If he actually put the training in he would really kick our butts. Wink Your HM PR is still WAY awesome! You're almost a full half hour faster than me! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay