When adding maps to a group, route mileage truncated (Read 589 times)

When I add a map to a group, the mileage for the route gets rounded down - no decimal points. So, a 5.5mi route shows up as merely 5mi by default. Of course, I can enter this value manually, but it seems it should get it right from the start. Also, I notice that the Notes field doesn't auto-popolate with my notes about the route. I guess this is more of a feature request, but that would be nice. I'm on WinXP, running Firefox 2.0. Thanks!

2011 Goals:
    sub 17min 5k
    5:15 mile?
    (well, maybe next year)

eric :)

Hi Josh, I loked into the problem and it was indeed a bug. Since it was a simple javascript error, I have uploaded the fix and it should work now. As for auto populate the notes field, one can argue that it should not be included. Barring any persuasive argument for either, I'll leave it as it is. However, I will file your request so it can be changed later. eric Smile
        Thanks for the fix, Eric! I've been really happy with this site, and heartily recommend it to all of my fellow runners here at work. As for the course 'notes' section, I'm not sure what everyone else puts there, but I tend to put notable landmarks or a simple description of the map (turn right here, left here, etc). When I share the map, I have to re-type that in. I'm curious what people would put in their course notes that they would prefer to not automatically be copied in when shared. I know that we don't all use this site in the same way, so I'm curious what info other people put there.

2011 Goals:
        sub 17min 5k
        5:15 mile?
        (well, maybe next year)

Thanks for the fix, Eric! I've been really happy with this site, and heartily recommend it to all of my fellow runners here at work. As for the course 'notes' section, I'm not sure what everyone else puts there, but I tend to put notable landmarks or a simple description of the map (turn right here, left here, etc). When I share the map, I have to re-type that in. I'm curious what people would put in their course notes that they would prefer to not automatically be copied in when shared. I know that we don't all use this site in the same way, so I'm curious what info other people put there.
          I have included things in the notes section of maps I share like "poorly lit and slightly sketchy - dont run alone after dark!" which is more a heads up to others looking for a run than a reminder to myself (I tend to remember where I feel safe!) It would be nice if these got auto-included.