Just Started Watching Breaking Bad...Help, Please. (Read 474 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Los Pollos Hermanos of Albuquerque has a Yelp page.

Ha, my hubby just showed me that the other day.  The show makes me want to go sight-seeing in ABQ.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bhearn

Ha, my hubby just showed me that the other day.  The show makes me want to go sight-seeing in ABQ.

Why didn't anyone tell me this place wasn't real?? I feel broken, badly...

bhearn

In the original post you it was addressed that walt does "dumb things" throughout the show. It is addressed towards the end of the series a couple of times.  

Yeah. I had problems early on, specifically with Walt behaving in ways that just didn't make any sense to me. Everything would have been fine, if he had just... but yeah. In the end, everyone's actions throughout are pretty consistent with who they are gradually revealed to really be. I almost wish it had ended on a somewhat high note after season 4, but really the final season (though very dark) is the necessary and appropriate conclusion to the story arc.

I'm surprised it took so long for a breaking bad thread to pop up on here.

This thread is from August; zoom-zoom bumped it yesterday. I'd imagine there are older thread from when it was originally on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This thread is from August; zoom-zoom bumped it yesterday. I'd imagine there are older thread from when it was originally on.

Yeah, this was the first one I found when I searched for a thread.

~ Sarah Kay

bhearn

I'm deep into it near the end of season 3. Just finished the episode "The Fly". ... But still, I'm hoping the next 3 episodes of this season do not disappoint. I'm reassured to hear you say "it was worth watching it all".

Oh, I think you will find things get quite exciting pretty soon. :-)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

The original post begs the question of whether there's any reason why there should be something redemptive.

Hollywood loves for bad guys to get their come uppance, but in real life lots of people do bad things, get away with it and have no remorse. There's nothing per se wrong with movies or TV depicting that. Art doesn't have to be about moral instruction...

I agree entirely.  Like I say, I count movies like Goodfellas and Reservoir Dogs to be among my favorites, and I listen to plenty of music with, shall we say, no silver lining.  But if I'm going to spend as much time on something as relatively time-consuming as a whole television series, I prefer to have something I like about at least a few of the characters.  Or at least some inkling that there will be soon.

I experienced the same thing with Rescue Me.  I like Denis Leary and found the premise of the show intriguing...but wow, after several episodes of almost all of the characters a) making stupid decisions, and b) behaving deplorably while making them, I just had to throw in the towel.

That said, you guys have almost convinced me to give BB another shot.  I'm particularly intrigued by the comments about Jesse.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Joann Y

Oh, I think you will find things get quite exciting pretty soon. :-)

fantastic : )

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That said, you guys have almost convinced me to give BB another shot.  I'm particularly intrigued by the comments about Jesse.

Redemptive or not, it's one of the all-time great television shows.  The only reason to not watch it is if you don't like things that are awesome. 

E-meth SNL commercial.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Joann Y

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Redemptive or not, it's one of the all-time great television shows.  The only reason to not watch it is if you don't like things that are awesome. 

E-meth SNL commercial.

Nobody says yo, bitch, or jesus quite like Jesse Pinkman!

~ Sarah Kay

Joann Y

absolutely!

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

Saw a great sign at the Philly Half Marathon -- "Run, Bitches" with a picture of Jesse Pinkman! 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Saw a great sign at the Philly Half Marathon -- "Run, Bitches" with a picture of Jesse Pinkman! 

Oh, that's awesome!!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have 2 episodes left!  Damn, I realized about midway through the 3rd-to-last episode that I was holding my breath.  INTENSE!!  I'm almost afraid of what could possibly be left for 2 more episodes.

Once we're done I need to find a chart documenting every death and means of disposal.  Wowsers!  It's worse than a Shakespearean tragedy in terms of body count!

~ Sarah Kay

We have 2 episodes left!  Damn, I realized about midway through the 3rd-to-last episode that I was holding my breath.  INTENSE!!  I'm almost afraid of what could possibly be left for 2 more episodes.

Ooh, I am actually excited on your behalf. No spoilers, but I can assure you they found some things to do in the last 2 episodes.

In our mass-DVRing of the series, somehow it missed recording one episode - I think the 3rd to last. Realized it early on, and I was really stressed out about it. It was shortly after the series ended, and I couldn't find it online anywhere at that time. Finally when we got to that point, found it on iTunes & we watched it on my iPad.

Dave