Just Started Watching Breaking Bad...Help, Please. (Read 474 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In our mass-DVRing of the series, somehow it missed recording one episode - I think the 3rd to last. Realized it early on, and I was really stressed out about it. It was shortly after the series ended, and I couldn't find it online anywhere at that time. Finally when we got to that point, found it on iTunes & we watched it on my iPad.

Whoa, you missed some big shit, then!  That would have stressed me out, too.

After that episode Walt Jr. might have been my favorite character on the entire show.  That kid is awesome.  And I'd love to see that actor cast a lot more.  Baby Holly might be one of the best infant actors I've ever seen, too.  Getting a child that small to respond perfectly to cues is really astounding.  Kind of like the discussion in the cats in movies thread…cats and babies have got to be about the worst actors to work with! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

Nobody says yo, bitch, or jesus quite like Jesse Pinkman!

Church, bro!

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Doc, my tooth hurts

After that episode Walt Jr. might have been my favorite character on the entire show.  That kid is awesome.  

Maybe you are just a very big breakfast enthusiast also?

Joann Y

Oh, I think you will find things get quite exciting pretty soon. :-)

Lord, you were not joking. The last episode (that I watched; I'm still in the midst of season 3) left me with my mouth hanging open. Followed by a giddy nervous laugh.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe you are just a very big breakfast enthusiast also?

Hmmm…I do like breakfast!  I wonder if it's subliminal...

~ Sarah Kay

GKA

GKA

sorry about the spoiler in my previous post

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai
              bhearn

Hey now, I think we are getting too many spoilers in this thread. That post gives too much away IMO; please delete.

Maybe we need a separate discussion thread for those of us that are finished?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Done...wow.  Now what to watch?!??

~ Sarah Kay

bhearn

Baby Holly might be one of the best infant actors I've ever seen, too.  Getting a child that small to respond perfectly to cues is really astounding.  

If you're referring to the scene in one of the last episodes where Walt is holding her and she says "Mama", it turns out that was an unscripted accident. Her mother was standing just offscreen. But it was perfect for the scene, so Cranston went with it, and they used it.

How do I know this?   http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Breaking_Bad_Wiki

All sorts of interesting tidbits there. I got into the habit of reading the episode summaries (and trivia) after watching each episode. However, there are occasionally spoilers if you do that. But I discovered there was a lot I hadn't caught while watching.

Box set wise? You could start with:

The Killing.

The Bridge.

Borgen

The Wire.

The West Wing.

The Sopranos

Game of Thrones.

Battlestar Galactica (the modern one).

Babylon 5

Banshee

The Returned

Peaky Blinders

Vegas

Dracula

Hemlock Grove

Lilyhammer

Mad Dogs

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Tim_Easterday

Have you watched Homeland or The Walking Dead (our favorite show)? I also enjoyed Justified. We are currently watching Game of Thrones and love it so far!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you watched Homeland or The Walking Dead (our favorite show)? I also enjoyed Justified. We are currently watching Game of Thrones and love it so far!!

<3 TWD.  DH has read all of the Game of Thrones books, so that would be a contender.  Considering Downton Abbey, too.

~ Sarah Kay

Doc, my tooth hurts

A lot of this is seconding

The Wire-starts kinda slow but many people say it is the best show ever

The Sopranos-Probably also in the running for best show ever

Game of Thrones-Really really good, slow moving at times though. MORE DRAGONS PLEASE!

Justified-really entertaining.

Sons of Anarchy-Really entertaining, kind of absurd at times.

Dr Who-the newer seasons if you are into sci-fi

Sherlock-the one with Benedict Cumberbatch

Mad Men-I find this hard to binge watch like Breaking bad, but still a great show

The bad thing about HBO shows, unless you have HBO on cable, is that they don't come streaming on netflix only with HBO GO

Did you watch Dexter? Great show; 8 seasons, but went down the toilet in the last couple, so you can save a bit of time.

Homeland has been very good, although if you do watch it you can stop after the 2nd to last episode of Season 3. You're welcome.

The Borgias has also been good, haven't seen anyone mention that one.

I guess you can tell we have Showtime...we have not seen any of the HBO shows.

Dave