Expletives, Expletives and more Expletives (Read 702 times)

Cryptic

Sunday was the championship game of the hispanic soccer league I play in on Sunday's. We have only had one bad weekend as far as weather has been concerned until yesterday. The temp was a boiling 34 degrees at game time and I don't think it went any higher the entire game. The game started out and we were in control. About 15 minutes in I go up for a head ball and for the second time this season my legs are taken out from under me and I start the wonderful spin towards the earth. Instead of flipping all the way over this time I just have all my weight land on my right shoulder which I am sure you can imagine just felt great. I get back up and keep playing. The longer I go the more pain I am in. People keep asking me if I am okay and it is taking everything I can not to tell these people to stick it up there (expletive of your choice goes here) .(reminds me of the your almost there at the 8 mile point in a marathon) The next thing I know we are on the move I get the ball pass it off to a team mate who passes it right back and I take a shot and yay I score the winning goal. woohooo! We ended up winning 2-0 and we received a trophy as tall as me . We also got uniforms for the entire team that say champions is spanish on the back. Very cool! As I start to cool down from the game the more my shoulder starts to tighten up. I decide it would be a good idea to go drink some margarita's with my team mates. 4 or 5 of those later they have had as much as they can handle(one guy called out of work today what a light weight lol it was only 4pm when we quit drinking) and I head home. I shower up and all that jazz. Washing my hair was torcher. I eat dinner and head to bed. Well I can't really sleep at all last night. So I wake up this morning after a wonderful evening of very little sleep and try the whole shower thing again. Let me tell you it was awesome. I go to work and decide I have had enough of this abuse around lunch time and head to the doctor. They check me out and give me xrays. So here i sit with some muscle relaxers that aren't doing anything and some aleve to help with inflammation. Any way I am supposed to get the results of my xrays this evening or tomorrow morning to let me know if I broke my shoulder or not. If the pain doesn't go away by Wednesday morning assuming it isn't broken I will have to have a MRI to see if I tore any ligaments. Yay for injuries! On the plus side of things at least this time I didn't wait a year to go to the doctor to find out I had broken my foot and had to be in a cast for 6 weeks and a boot for another 4. I suppose at the ripe age of 28 my body can't hang the way it used to. I just hope this doesn't effect my running schedule. Now that soccer if over I had some races to train for Dead
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And US football (as opposed to soccer) players scoff at soccer players. Soccer is far more dangerous, IMO--no padding (aside from measly shin guards). I played on a Summer co-ed league through most of jr. high and HS and was one of usually just 1-3 girls on the team. It could be brutal playing against guys who weighed at least 50#s more than we did. But we were never as hard-core as you guys. I hope your shoulder is just a little strained and doesn't limit your running in any way. *fingers-crossed* k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Ouch! Hopefully, it just needs a little rest and nothing damaged seriously! Take care and get back to running soon! Lynn B Oh, and congrats on the game!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Now that was a bath...

Ow, that sounds painful. Never mind the expletives Tongue just rest up and get better! Claire xxx
        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and I want to know who gets that ginormous trophy? I vote for you, seeing as how you scored that awesome goal! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Cryptic

The coach gets the trophy. The team gets the free uniforms. Shirts, shorts and socks. worth over $50 I am happy with that. The doctor called and said I don't have any fractures. Now I just have to hope it is just muscle related and not Ligaments. They tell me if the pain goes away in the next couple of days I shouldn't have anything to worry about but if it stays the same or the pain gets worse I would need to go back for the MRI. I asked if I could run tomorrow and she laughed at me. She said it might be a good idea that I wait until Wednesday to be safe. I thought it was a really good question!!! Laughing at me hmmph. She does have a good point taking a couple days off isn't going to kill me but I suppose it could hurt so if all goes well I will get to run wednesday afternoon. I normally refer to soccer as futball but when I am on message boards everyone knows what soccer is so its easier than trying to explain to americans that futball is not american football. Why they call football football is beyond me. At most you have two players on a team that actually touch the ball with their feet. bah that is neither here nor there it is what it is.Thanks for the well wishes it is appreciated.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I normally refer to soccer as futball but when I am on message boards everyone knows what soccer is so its easier than trying to explain to americans that futball is not american football. Why they call football football is beyond me. At most you have two players on a team that actually touch the ball with their feet.
                And it's not handball, either. Someone needs to come up with a more appropriate name for that sport. I'm thinking tight-pants-ball might be a better title. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Cryptic

they can call american football soccer....now they don't even have to be creative lol
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

they can call american football soccer....now they don't even have to be creative lol
                    Ha, that's the best solution yet! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Felicidades! Buena salud con tu hombro : (

Runners run

Cryptic

gracias para las palabras y deseos amables de la salud buena i think that is almost correct Smile

Cryptic

update- x-rays came back and I don't have a fracture. That is good as long as the pain starts to go away. If the pain doesn't got away then I get the good ole MRI. I have convinced my self it feels better this morning. Mind over matter Mind over matter.
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I love futball! I used to play (if you can call it that) several years ago. There was one season where my team won every single game, except the one that mattered. There was the time I went up for a head ball and collided heads. The only two things I got out of it was a midnight visit to the ER, and the thought that his gash was bigger than mine. There were the times when the women on our coed team got roughed up on the field by the guys on the other team because they still got beat even though they were double and triple teaming our women. Congrats on winning the championship! And congrats for not having a fracture. Rest up. Next season's just around the corner.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot--no broken bones! Now, get your rest, drink a beer, and we'll all keep our fingers crossed that there is no ligament damage! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Would it hurt to grab your head because you are thinking profound and philosophical thoughts? Cool Good luck with the recovery--sounds like a great soccer league! Where do you all play?