P90X3 (Read 128 times)

Linda

Is there anyone X-training with P90X3?  If so, what is your experience?  I am attempting to incorporate it into my running schedule.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Half Crazy K 2.0

I just got P90X2, 3 wasn't included in the sale   I do 2 strength training workouts per week, sometimes 3. With P90X2, there are 4 strength training workouts, yoga and recovery in the first phase. This week, I did X2 Core and X2 Total Body. Next week, I'm going to do Balance and Power and might test out the plyo workout although I may not do the plyo workout on a regular basis. If I just do the 3 total body workouts, I'll just keep doing 2 each week and cycle through them, so essentially taking a week and a half to do the workouts.

I'm just not a yoga person, I may try the DVD, but it just isn't my thing. I mainly want to do the workouts that are total body and supposed to incorporate a lot of balance.

I've done other rotations with other DVDs where there are 2 upper body and 1 leg day. When I've done there, I usually do legs one day and have an easy run the next, one of the upper body workouts after a run and the other upper body day on it's own, so it's sort of a rest day.

Linda

I, too, am not much into yoga.  I get through it, because I know it is only 30 minutes.  There is a lot of balance stuff in the x3 yoga DVD. I'm convinced it is good for me.   I'm about to transition to pilates which is probably worse.  I'm really intrigued by PX902.  I thought when I finished x3, I might try x2 to get me ready for a obstacle run that I am doing in October.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Half Crazy K 2.0

There was enough yoga inspired moves in theX2 Total Body that I feel fine skipping it. Tricep kick backs and bicep curls in warrior 3, wow! My abs are feeling it today and there were no core only exercises.