Cramping Feet??? (Read 927 times)

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Okay, folks, has this ever happened to anyone else? I can be woken up at night with the cramps. Not bone-curdling pain, but very achy. Do you think that it's diet? miles? shoes? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh, it's closer to the toes than the heel. Thanks, Jilly Whoops, I should have put this in the health section, huh.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Different shoes?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Different shoes?
        Perhaps. I have two pairs of Asics (different model) that I have been switching and maybe that is it.

Ostrich runner

Naughty dreams.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Hawt and sexy

When it starts happening to me, I just skip my daily banana and that seems to take care of everything.

I'm touching your pants.

sluggo

John

Okay, folks, has this ever happened to anyone else? I can be woken up at night with the cramps. Not bone-curdling pain, but very achy. Do you think that it's diet? miles? shoes? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh, it's closer to the toes than the heel. Thanks, Jilly
              Well - yes I have felt something like this recently. It sort of feels like my toes are crossing each other and it goes away when I stand up and walk around. Can't say I know what the cause and cure are but it has been occurring a lot less lately. Maybe it was related to ramping my mileage up. Looking at your log, it looks like you recently been running 2 or 3 times per week and that those runs have been for about 10 miles. Maybe you need more shorter runs to support the longer runs or get your weekly mileage in over 5 or 6 runs per week instead of 2 or 3.

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

It happens to me, either in my feet, calves, or quads if I don't have enough potassium, electrolytes, or water. My cure is to make sure I take my daily multivitamin/mineral....eat a banana a day, and stay hydrated. I drink a glass of Gatorade before and after my runs. Hope this helps!
                Personal Records 5K - 21:35
                  I started running 12 years ago and I've had cramps in my feet and legs ever since. For me, cramps are just a part of running and a small price to pay for being in great condition. Tom
                  JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Looking at your log, it looks like you recently been running 2 or 3 times per week and that those runs have been for about 10 miles. Maybe you need more shorter runs to support the longer runs or get your weekly mileage in over 5 or 6 runs per week instead of 2 or 3.
                    I know that my miles are STUPID. It's making me frustrated and of course that could be the problem. Thanks for your ideas. Figbash, you're right too and it's probably just part of it, but I think that stupid miles are part to blame. Thanks everyone! Jilly
                      Ever since I use after market insole, my foot crams went away. As figbash suggested, there always something hurts. It is just a part of the deal.
                      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

When it starts happening to me, I just skip my daily banana and that seems to take care of everything.
                        Willie, are you trying to give me good advice, or are you trying to say that I asked a stupid question by replying with a stupid answer? Jilly
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ever since I use after market insole, my foot crams went away.
                          That's another possibility. If the arch on your shoe insole is too low or too high it could cause issues. I've had that problem in the past when the stock insoles don't have enough of a bump under my foot to keep my arch from collapsing excessively. I didn't need a stiff orthotic, just a cushy insole with more contour (I've personally had good luck with the Sof Sole brand insoles).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Woody1

I found that if I loosen my laces my feet don't cramp as much at night.