Post-race headache? (Read 718 times)

Burninated Peasant

I don't mean traffic, or long portajon lines. Does anybody else end up with a headache for the rest of the day after a race? It's not unbearable or anything, I just would like to figure out how to avoid it in the future so that I can get stuff done around the house. MTA: On a completely unrelated topic, my wife signed up for RA today to help her manage her post-pregnancy return to fitness. Go stampgirljo!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MTA: On a completely unrelated topic, my wife signed up for RA today to help her manage her post-pregnancy return to fitness. Go stampgirljo!
      Send her on over to the Ladies Locker Room! Big grin Hmmm...headache, I don't recall ever having one. Do you normally drink caffeine and then abstain on race day? Are you maybe just dehydrated? I always get headaches when I don't drink enough. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

Actually, I almost never drink caffeine. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just dehydration, but I sure felt like I was plenty prepared for this one hydration-wise. I do tend to sweat more than most people though.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I do tend to sweat more than most people though.
          We should start a user group just for us heavy sweaters! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

I don't mean traffic, or long portajon lines. Does anybody else end up with a headache for the rest of the day after a race? It's not unbearable or anything, I just would like to figure out how to avoid it in the future so that I can get stuff done around the house. MTA: On a completely unrelated topic, my wife signed up for RA today to help her manage her post-pregnancy return to fitness. Go stampgirljo!
            Dehydration can cause headaches.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I get them often. I drink Coke. That helps loads. So too does coffee.

Burninated Peasant

Sweet. I 'll try that. I guess I should have gone ahead and taken the iced tea they were offering afterwards.
                t_runner

I get them often. I drink Coke. That helps loads. So too does coffee.
                  Ditto... I call them my running hangovers. Smile A combination of lots of water and caffeinated pop/coffee generally do the trick.
                    I get them too, in fact I have one right now, after this mornings 11 miler. I find I don't get them as often if I'm taking in enough salt (Succeed! capsules). I didn't take any today, because it was so cool out, but I still sweat a ton, and probably should have had that salt tab.
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado