What size mp3 player do you have? (Read 756 times)

Baby bean!

Right now, I'm working with a 512 mb and it holds 80 songs and a podrunner playlist. It's not bad at all, but I do want a larger one. Just curious what others are using.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Spencer Davis

80 songs? song like it uses a bad format...can you change it?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1gig. More than enough for my needs. I have a Shuffle, so I swap out playlists almost daily (I listen to a lot of audiobooks and only keep on my iPod what I have yet to listen to).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Certifiably Insane

Sorry, guys never talk about the size of their MP3's, unless they're exaggerating. Big grin I've collected 3 over the years, so I just put different things on them. One's an old 128 Meg, one's a 512 Meg, and one's a 1 Gig with an audio recorder in it. I use them more before races than anything, for my 'mood music'. Evil grin Sometimes I'll use one during a particularly long workout, like a 40-minute tempo run on the track, or 6 1-mile repeats, so I can keep my focus. I don't usually like to wear one for day-to-day runs.
          On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

an amazing likeness

I like my trucks big and my MP3 small and minimal... Wink Sansa Clip (4gb) for when I want to listen to a radio show. (Previous gen) iPod Shuffle (1gb?) when I just want music. I'd go purely with the Sansa but its battery life isn't so great -- I recharge the shuffle about 4 times a year -- but have to remember to keep the Sansa juiced up.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Baby bean!

I like my trucks big and my MP3 small and minimal... Wink Sansa Clip (4gb) for when I want to listen to a radio show. (Previous gen) iPod Shuffle (1gb?) when I just want music. I go purely with the Sansa but its battery life isn't so great -- I recharge the shuffle about 4 times a year -- but have to remember to keep the Sansa juiced up.
              Which would you recommend more? The shuffle or the clip?

Goals:
              Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

wyerock

I got a Grantwood TuneBand for my iPhone so I can strap it to my arm. So I basically have 8GB of space. I was using a 512 MB 1st gen Shuffle before. I was switching out the songs fairly often. I liked the small physical size, but I occasionally want to select a certain album depending on my mood. Plus, I run a lot at night, and having my phone with me means I can call for help if I'm roadkill laying in a ditch!
                DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

8gb ipod nano...i used to have a 2gb but got sick of constantly having to rotate playlists to accommodate the space on my ipod. Couldn't be happier Big grin

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

mikeymike

30 GB. I've never needed more.

Runners run

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

4 GB Nano - way more than I need for running. I have a 5K race playlist, a 10K playlist and usually listen to full albums (er..CDs - showing my age) on longer runs.
                      March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...and usually listen to full albums (er..CDs - showing my age) on longer runs.
                        Ha, I saw a CD on the ground during one of my runs...it said "Mix 1." Seemed so wrong. It's a MIX TAPE, not a mix CD. Damn kids...get off my lawn!!! Embarrassed

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I found this great t-shirt that has a 3D outline of a cassette tape on it...dang kiddos don't even know what it is!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I think if I look around I can find my "America" 8-Track.
                            March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)

Lazy idiot

biggest you've ever seen...

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I found this great t-shirt that has a 3D outline of a cassette tape on it...dang kiddos don't even know what it is!
                                Ha, reminds me of this... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay