Post Count/Profile Started Threads (Read 732 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

post words. not too many. mostly wisdom.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

jeffdonahue

Big grin

Sorry, smileys are deemed superfluous without some adjoining text.  Consider this your first warning.  Confused

Feeling the growl again

I think you can get a petty good sense of a poster's experience and expertise by looking at his or her training log.

Heh.  I'm a has-been, I kind of hope people DON'T look at my current log.  Do as I say, not as I do.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This thread is a quality thread. It started out kind of weak,and developed strength, just like all runners.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

#artbydmcbride

Sorry, smileys are deemed superfluous without some adjoining text.  Consider this your first warning.  Confused

Angry

Oh okay............I dream while running, am I overtraining?

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...I dream while running, am I overtraining?

No, you're overdreaming.

xor

Anyone ending a post with a winkie immediately loses 10 points.  Wink

+10 to Slytherin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh.  I'm a has-been, I kind of hope people DON'T look at my current log.  Do as I say, not as I do.  Big grin

Has-been > never-was Disapprove

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TheDroppingDead

So I am guessing this idea is a big NO lol.
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So I am guessing this idea is a big NO lol.

Well, my guess is that eric will probably read your suggestion and take it into consideration. He knows enough to ignore the various joking to which we are liable. It sounds like something that won't happen immediately, if at all -- but perhaps the seed has been planted. I certainly have seen "member since 2010" type of descriptions used in other forums, at least.

I do remember over at Cool Running, after a certain number of posts (I think 30?), you got to switch from "Member" to "Cool Runner". What a proud day that was!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What would be kind of cool is numbering based upon membership date, kinda like the Marathon Maniacs do.  I just like that I'd have a relatively low #. Big grin I think Trent and Mikey would have lower #s...I seem to recall Jlynnbob was an early member, too.  Even a join date would be kind of intriguing.  Wingz and backroadrunner joined right around the time I did (I think it was the 3 of us getting off on tangents that inspired the creation of the Off The Beaten Path board...something about a smell in someone's car).  Then there'd be sizable crowd that all joined when Active destroyed CR (which was big drama at the time, but now is ancient history and really benefitted RA in the end, for certain).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Join date would be a nice option. Sometimes I'd like to know if someone is new when reading a questionable post. Cool

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I like that there's none of that stuff and that you have to figure out for yourself who is new, who is old, and, more importantly, who is full of shit.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I like that there's none of that stuff and that you have to figure out for yourself who is new, who is old, and, more importantly, who is full of shit.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills