Post Count/Profile Started Threads (Read 732 times)

eric :)

I thought about providing additional information about the poster on and off for years but never gotten around to do anything about it.  I thought up an elaborate rating system that can allow community censoring of posts and even posters.  I haven't added it because it hasn't been necessary.  I'll revisit this after I'm done with the log revamp.

kcam

No.  We shouldn't do any post counting, badges, trophies, or give anyone a crown for being active on the forums.

Badges?  We don't need no steenking badges.

Wing

Joggaholic

Badges?  We don't need no steenking badges.

But anyone who posts should get a medal, just like the marathon Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Post finisher!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

L Train

BeeRunB

I would prefer a "most-popular-member" rating system with a King/Queen badge for the most popular male/female, if known. Along with that, a "shunning" system to weed out the least popular, replete with an animated .gif of a turned back that shows up in place of the avatars of everyone else-- from the shunned one's point of view. To the popular, the shunned one's avatar will be a pic of the latest professional athlete doper to be eviscerated and banned for life.  Also, the shunned one's posts will have all words filtered except:, I, am, blinded, by, the, quasar, like, light, of, your, presences, and, deserve, to, skulk, in, the, poopy, underbrush, that, lines, the, gilded, roads, on, which, y'all, run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... replete with an animated .gif of a turned back ...

This is awesome.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

L Train

Also, the shunned one's posts will have all words filtered except:, I, am, blinded, by, the, quasar, like, light, of, your, presences, and, deserve, to, skulk, in, the, poopy, underbrush, that, lines, the, gilded, roads, on, which, y'all, run

I think we should also allow the words "baggies" and "Jersey" just so we can include everyone, but yeah, I'm in support of this general idea. 

MTA: also, the words "potatoes" and "Cubs". 

Y'all deserve your poopy roads! I am gilded by the Jersey quasar!!!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                    bhearn

Potato quasars, like, light the poopy gilded underbrush.

I already hear the word "poopy" all day. Now I have to read it here too?

Why is it sideways?

Y'all, the quasar lines the poopy roads on which the blinded presences run by the light of the gilded underbrush.

#artbydmcbride

But after 10,000 posts can we still get a pony?    Blush

Runners run

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

zero point zero

RIP

John Vernon Picture

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete