Age-graded performance (Read 1144 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I can't imagine this hasn't already been requested (though I couldn't find it), but it would love to see my age-graded % on my PR page!
    eric :)

Hi Erica, That's probably not too hard once I figure out the formula for this. Anyone has any ideas on this? eric Smile
        I just had a quick look. It looks like the final result is a relatively simple calculation. If you do this, I would like to see the age graded time as well as the percentage. However, getting the factors for the calculations is a lookup into the age grading tables. Here's a snippet from a page I found on the subject.
        Do the math age-graded time = time * age factor At 53, Madeline Bost ran a 10K in 42:37. The women's 10K age factor at 53 is .8545. Multiplying her time by the factor (42:37 [2,557 seconds] * .8545) gives a 36:25 age-graded time. performance-level percentage (PLP) = par 10K standard for age / actual time The 10K standard for women at 53 is 35:01. Dividing the standard by Bost's actual time (35:01/42:37) yields 82 percent PLP. Resources Age-Graded Tables, the full set of factors and standards for all track and field events, is available for $6 plus $1.25 postage from National Masters News, P.O. Box 50098, Eugene, OR 97405. The Runner's Training Diary, by Bob Glover and Shelly-lynn Florence Glover, presents age-graded tables for all distance events and instructions on their use.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mishka-old log

As a 30 year old male, I must respectfully disagree. Wink
            As a 30 year old male, I must respectfully disagree. Wink
            LOL. Of course you do. Come back in 10 years and you'll be begging Eric for the feature. Actually, rather than clouding up the other screens, this could be on the workout view screen like the VO2Max and Calorie calculations are done.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

eric :)

Thanks for the info Mike! I wonder how hard it would be to produce the numbers myself...
              HermosaBoy

Hey Eric,

Did anything ever get implemented for this?  If yes, where can I find it???  I think it would be interesting to be able to sort all of your performances over the year by an age grade.  Maybe because those are the only PRs I am setting these days...

ETA -- sorry for raising a ghost, but was thinking of age graded performances and this seemed to match.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

run-chris-run

I use this calculator for age grades:

http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup15.html

It's implemented in JavaScript, so while you might not be able to just hijack the code for copyright reasons, the logic is all exposed (and the formulas/factors themselves are all public anyway). I poked around to see how I might implement a script on my own, just haven't gotten a chance to code it up. Worth a look as a starting point.

(+1 for the feature! I love being able to compare performances across distances.)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There are tables here: http://www.runscore.com/Alan/AgeGrade.html

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

kcam

If this were to ever be implemented (which I am in favor of) the Howard Grubb 2015 WMA tables are the de facto standard.  They are the ones to use.  They were just updated in 2015, prior update was 2010 so there wouldn't be a huge amount of maintainence required as far as updating the tables once you have them.

On a personal note, using the 2015 factors my AG performances have been downgraded a percent or two depending on distance.  There's a guy in the UK named Martin Rhees with a little help from Bernard Lagat and Haile G, who is personally re-writing the old dude record book (and bumping up the standards for all of us to hit).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have been wondering if the 40s would get downgraded based on Lagat.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

HermosaBoy

Just checking in on this again...

Rob

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Have I really been here for nine years?

Clearly I've been here long enough that I don't remember requesting this, or even why I requested this.

HermosaBoy

Have I really been here for nine years?

Clearly I've been here long enough that I don't remember requesting this, or even why I requested this.

They say the memory is the first thing to go...  Wink

Rob

#artbydmcbride

I forgot about that.......

They say the memory is the first thing to go...  Wink

Runners run