Age-graded performance (Read 1144 times)

HermosaBoy

Respectfully resurrecting this request...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

HermosaBoy

Me again -- is there anyway we could at least get an entry field for this?

That way we might at least be able to manually enter the information and then pull a report on it?

Rob

If you're looking for an age-grade calculator, here it is:

http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

HermosaBoy

If you're looking for an age-grade calculator, here it is:

http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html

Not looking for a calculator, most of my races include it in the results.  I am looking for somewhere to enter the data in a race entry other than the comments so that I can search/sort by it.

Rob

kcam

I'd much rather have RA calculate and populate it rather than users having to manually do this.  IIthink we can all agree that Grubb is the calculation standard. This is important to many of us older runners.

HermosaBoy

I would love to have it calculated, but if I can get a field to manually enter it in the race results section -- I would be fine.

Rob

HermosaBoy

I thought I would revisit this to see if there is any chance of getting a field added that we would be able to search by?

Rob

John Wood

Instead of worrying about your age graded performance, why not sign up for a race that has age/sex graded start times?  There is dipsea on the west coast and Medoc spring here on the east coast. Of course, I’m not sure either us up and running now, but at some time in the future, there will be races again.

Medoc spring was lots of fun to run. All us older runners got to start first, and as it was mostly single track, the fast people had to be polite when passing.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Instead of worrying about your age graded performance, why not sign up for a race that has age/sex graded start times?  There is dipsea on the west coast and Medoc spring here on the east coast. Of course, I’m not sure either us up and running now, but at some time in the future, there will be races again.

Medoc spring was lots of fun to run. All us older runners got to start first, and as it was mostly single track, the fast people had to be polite when passing.

If you're interested in races based on age, may I suggest A Race For the Ages which ends at noon on Labor Day.  Your starting time is based on your age.  For everyone over 40, you get as many hours to run as you are years old.  The 40 and under crowd all get 40 hours to run as many miles as they can or want to.  I think there's a wait list to get into this year's race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

HermosaBoy

I am more interested in grading my own performances based on age.

That way I can look up which performance may be best based on my age at the time.

So, a 2:44 marathon at age 45 versus a 2:50 marathon at age 53.

I would love to have an Age Graded Column in this view that would allow me to sort.

Rob

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I would love to have an Age Graded Column in this view that would allow me to sort.

To be an hour faster 15 years later is like, exponential improvement? You'll be a rocket 15 years from now!

HermosaBoy

To be an hour faster 15 years later is like, exponential improvement? You'll be a rocket 15 years from now!

How I wish...

Rob

kcam

Nonetheless, HermosaBoy, it is highly impressive how you've maintained that level of performance for so long.  Nice work there.  And ... I'd also still like to see AG calculated, or as a field to be entered, in the RA database.  I download my RA data into an excel spreadsheet that calculates AG (from Grubb).  Sortable then.

HermosaBoy

Nonetheless, HermosaBoy, it is highly impressive how you've maintained that level of performance for so long.  Nice work there.  And ... I'd also still like to see AG calculated, or as a field to be entered, in the RA database.  I download my RA data into an excel spreadsheet that calculates AG (from Grubb).  Sortable then.

Thanks for the compliment.  Smile

Rob

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I am more interested in grading my own performances based on age.

That way I can look up which performance may be best based on my age at the time.

So, a 2:44 marathon at age 45 versus a 2:50 marathon at age 53.

The tables can be downloaded.  It's not that hard to set up a spreadsheet to read them and make your own calculations.

http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup15.html

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.