Epson Runsense and RA (Read 81 times)

driftmethod

Is the Epson Runsense compatible with RA? I was looking at the SF-710 since it has 30 hour battery life and isn't as heavy and bulky as Fenix or Ambit. I think it has everything I need and is about half the price of other watches with long battery life. Anyone have any experience with it?

I apologize if this is already covered somewhere, but I couldn't find the answer.

run-chris-run

Today I learned that Epson has a line of pretty decent GPS watches.

I just looked @ DC Rainmaker's review of the SF-810, and it covers the Runsense website a bit at the end (the site should definitely be the same for the SF-710). To the extent that you can export GPX files and then import them into RA, yes, you can use RA with your Epson watch: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/03/epson-runsense-810-review.html#3rd-party-app-support

If you want everything to be fully automatic, DC Rainmaker talks about using tapiriik to sync data between fitness sites (fully auto sync costs $2/year). You can sync your data to Garmin Connect, and you can then set up RA to pull from your Garmin account automatically as well. It's a roundabout way of doing it, but it's hands off.

driftmethod

Thanks for the info!

Now I just have to convince my wife I need a new watch.