Preferences for Running Shoes? (Read 50 times)

timg42

Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated from UConn where I ran on the club track and field team for four years. Now I’m working on a market research project involving running shoes and came up with a survey which I’d love for anyone to participate in.

I should also add that this isn’t an advertisement. I made the survey because this is something I’m passionate about and I think it could help me land a job at Nike, PUMA, etc.

If you have 5 minutes to spare and are willing to fill out a response, it would be a huge help. Unfortunately I don’t have any incentive, but it seems everyone on the forum is helpful and encouraging. If you’re not comfortable with this, I completely understand. Otherwise thank you for your time and have a great day.

https://forms.gle/TYaN4EGjmc6QaiEg7

The survey is on google forms^

Thanks

Just completed it.

Some suggestions:

This survey seems to think that people only have and use one pair of running shoes. It should expand to list all the brands and models people have and use. Most runners have at least 3 pairs of shoes in rotation, often many more in multiple brands, and different types of shoes for different applications (every day running, racing, speed workouts, long runs, track spikes, trail shoes, etc).

This survey is very vague about the point in time it wants info from. I have been running and buying running shoes for 45 years. Although I HAVE purchased Puma running shoes, it was 1978 and I never bought another pair so I checked the box saying I've never bought them. And the only Nike running shoes I've purchased in the last 30 years have been track spikes.

The brand list is not realistically representative of sales and use of running shoes. Hoka One One and Brooks were not on the list, but Puma and Reebok WERE?!

The comparison of what you like/what would get you to buy a brand questions did not have a column for technical features, performance, or comfort; the nearest thing was "quality". Another question that would help you would be "brand loyalty or past experience with that brand".

In closing, the survey appears to be directed at gathering info about or for Puma. If Puma would like to become a bigger player in the running world, they will need to do some serious R&D and put out a few products that are superior to other brands; or at least as good but much cheaper. Having not purchased any Nike shoes for 30 years, I am considering the React and of course VaporFly because of the rave reviews of the technology/weight/performance of these models.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MarkFoster

This is a very interesting website! It's a perfect fit for my needs, I love being able to shop and save at the same time. This is a website I would definitely recommend to anyone that takes care of their finances. Thank you very much Fresh Bargain Deals! https://freshbargaindeals.co.uk/category/shoes-discount-code/