Off-topic forum? (Read 1014 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eric, any way we could have a board for off-topic discussions? Every once in a while I think to post something that isn't really related to running, but I don't want to clog-up a topic-specific board. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

We wouldn't get off topic, now, would we? ::blink:: ::blink::

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, not us...never... *polishes halo*

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent, that's a very neat looking marathon! That looks like a lot of fun. If I ever decided to try a race of that caliber, that would be a fun one to do, for certain! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks. It should be fun. Alright, maybe not, but it should be a brutal mess. And the park is pretty. The good news is that you don't have to run the marathon to post off-topic or off-color on that message board.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Smile So is that marathon all on paved surfaces, or some trails? We have a 10k trail run coming up this Nov. that I am thinking about doing...but I do all my running on pavement, so I wonder if that would be a big shock. Most trails around here are pretty sandy. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

You'll probably want to practice running on the trails well before the race. Around here trails are dirt and rocks and tree roots and hills and sometimes steps. Times are worse, but it's usually shady. It's easier on the joints, but you've got a bigger chance of spraining an ankle if you're not careful when you're tired. I'd pick trails over pavement any day. Smile

Wingz

Professional Noob

Consider posting here... www.harpethhillsmarathon.com/monkeychatter
                  Now, why would we go somewhere designed for off-topic postings when we could clutter up Eric's Sugggestions and Feature Requests forum??? Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why run a 10k when you can run a 42 k? The Monkey'thon includes about a half mile on grass, and the rest is paved. The bit on grass is right at the start and again at the finish, about a quarter mile each. The message board? Well, its all monkey business.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why run a 10k when you can run a 42 k?
                      'Cause I don't yet have a will... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

'Cause I don't yet have a will... Big grin k
                        LOL! Are you saying that where there's a will there's a way? Sorry. Just couldn't resist.

eric :)

Eric, any way we could have a board for off-topic discussions? Every once in a while I think to post something that isn't really related to running, but I don't want to clog-up a topic-specific board. k
                          Kirsten, Since you suggested it, you get to name it. I'm not creative enough to come up with another forum name Big grin
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL! Are you saying that where there's a will there's a way? Sorry. Just couldn't resist.
                            That TOO! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, Since you suggested it, you get to name it. I'm not creative enough to come up with another forum name Big grin
                              Ooh, can we do a contest--then we can vote on the winner? I'm not feeling particularly creative at the moment, either... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay