The Beauty of Racing (Read 966 times)

Why is it sideways?

I saw this pic from the 1500m semifinal at the World Championships, and thought it exemplified the beauty of racing. Ramzi, from Bahrain, is the guy literally flying in front. Alan Webb looks bad on the left. The second Spaniard lost his shoe as the final lap began, and the Kenyan on the inside is over the rail. Who said track and field was boring?
      That's a great pic !!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Philly Curse

and the guy in the back is barefoot... did he run the whole race like that or did he lose a shoe?
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

and the guy in the back is barefoot... did he run the whole race like that or did he lose a shoe?
          The second Spaniard lost his shoe as the final lap began
          Wink
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ramzi looks more gazelle than human. Lucky bastid. I tell ya', every time I see a deer bounding along effortlessly while I'm trudging at turtle pace I feel jealous.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Ramzi looks more gazelle than human. Lucky bastid. I tell ya', every time I see a deer bounding along effortlessly while I'm trudging at turtle pace I feel jealous.
              Well, he is just about the best in the world. It's funny, when I see Michael Jordan dunking a basketball, I don't really feel jealous. I feel awe. Same with Ramzi or Webb. Of course, I would love to be able to run like that, but at a certain point I can't even imagine what it would be like to move like that. That's when the jealousy turns to awe for me. He does make it look effortless, but you can see in his upper lip--it hurts.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He does make it look effortless, but you can see in his upper lip--it hurts.
                I see hurt in all of their faces. They still look "good" in pain, though. When I'm haulin' ass I just look comical. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

I see hurt in all of their faces. They still look "good" in pain, though. When I'm haulin' ass I just look comical.
                  I don't think so. Your avatar is hot, yo.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin Well, I was overheating a bit... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Slow-smooth-fast

I agree.....you are a hottie!!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I agree.....you are a hottie!!
                          I agree too, you are a hottie! Am I allowed to say that? Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

Well, he is just about the best in the world. It's funny, when I see Michael Jordan dunking a basketball, I don't really feel jealous. I feel awe. Same with Ramzi or Webb. Of course, I would love to be able to run like that, but at a certain point I can't even imagine what it would be like to move like that. That's when the jealousy turns to awe for me. He does make it look effortless, but you can see in his upper lip--it hurts.
                            Funny, I don't think of you high mileage guys being in awe like that. I see the paces for your races and I am amazed at how fast you guys run.

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I agree too, you are a hottie! Am I allowed to say that? Wink
                              Totally--from one babe to another babelicious babe! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay