Dumb things we runner types are guilty of... (Read 1188 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How about going out with 2 pairs of sunglasses? Confused One on head and wearing a pair.
    Hey, now that's well-prepared and "using your head!" Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

How about going out with 2 pairs of sunglasses? Confused One on head and wearing a pair.
      I can't tell you how many times I've done that...especially when I wear a hat.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Eating a protein bar right before going for a 5- mile run (I was in traffic, didn't think I'd get to the trail that quickly, but I did). I ran 1 mile. So ashamed I can't even log it. Sad
        Well currently it is reading this message because I just ate a protein bar for the first time before a long run of 20 miles and now you have me woried! Didn't have anything else to really eat. Thought I would try it. However, I really think it will turn out to be helping my neighbor blacktop our long a$$ drive yesterday. Now my back is really stiff. This cannot be a good thing right before a long run. Part of me is saying go back to bed and do it tomorrow but I have done a mini taper of two days and I am already up to do the run. I have to think positive but I am really hoping those two advil will help more then they have so far Evil grin
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          Lets see, dumb things? How about turning down Red Sox tickets because I've got a 20-miler planned for the next morning, only to watch (on TV) Clay Buchholz become the first rookie in franchise history to pitch a no-hitter.

Runners run

Lets see, dumb things? How about turning down Red Sox tickets because I've got a 20-miler planned for the next morning, only to watch (on TV) Clay Buchholz become the first rookie in franchise history to pitch a no-hitter.
            that stinks... that game yesterday would have been incredible to be at
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mikey, that is pretty silly, but at least you aren't broke from attending the game in person...right? Bearcat, I have gone running many times on a stomach full of food that would make a lot of people sick. I can't go on an empty stomach, not even for a short run. Which is why I will likely never be a pre-breakfast runner. k

~ Sarah Kay

Mikey, that is pretty silly, but at least you aren't broke from attending the game in person...right?
                True. Not broke. Not hung over. I did see the game on tv. And, of course, I'll always have this.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn! I need a Garmin.... I think I generally run pretty negative splits, but I can't prove it! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

va

True. Not broke. Not hung over. I did see the game on tv. And, of course, I'll always have this.
                    Look at it this way, you achieved something rather than watch somebody else achieve something. That was an impressive run!
                      Yeah, um, go O's. Sad
                      2009: BQ?
                        Damn! I need a Garmin.... I think I generally run pretty negative splits, but I can't prove it!
                        You have a watch, right?

Runners run

You have a watch, right?
                          hehe. Good one mikey.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You have a watch, right?
                            Yeah, but I don't really care to run on a track if I can avoid it (and most of the times I run the tracks in the area are in use). I have a semi-rough idea of where mile markers are on some of my routes, but that's about it. Plus I've never been good about hitting the lap button on runs or races. I've given up trying to do it, since I only remember to press it about 60% of the time, then it's kind of useless. k

~ Sarah Kay

Neg splits? All you need to know is the halfway point. Even if you don't know where you are you can always go out and back.

Runners run

va

Mikey remembers well the days before the Garmin...