The 117th Boston Marathon (Read 842 times)

Hip Redux

Wouldn't the police commissioner know?

Yeah, this came right out of news conference with the police.  I would think they wouldn't release the news unless it was true, or close to it?

Wouldn't the police commissioner know?

I heard him say they have no evidence it was connected, but they are treating it as if it is until proven otherwise.

Runners run

Baby bean!

So sad.  So senseless...people just trying to achieve their dream.

Goals:
        Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

I watched the start of the race until now... I just cant take anymore Sad

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Hip Redux

I heard him say they have no evidence it was connected, but they are treating it as if it is until proven otherwise.

Gotcha.   I'm sure we'll get more details as things get figured out.   There were also reports of threats in Cambridge, too, not sure how real.   Scary shit.

They just showed unedited video on CBS of the scene after the first explosion - the barricades appeared to be a big issue when trying to reach the injured.   It took a bunch of cops and armed forces folks to get it moved.  Things you don't consider when setting up for a race, I imagine.

BeeRunB

So sad. Makes me feel sick.

Slowly getting messages about runners I know who ran, so far all okay.

Looked like 4:11 on the race clock, which means lots of people were still out on the course. I wonder if they stopped the race at all points and told everyone to leave the course, and if so, where they sent them. Evacuating hotels as well. All the drop bags are being checked. Boston is so crazy logistically as it is, it must be mayhem. Lots of lives and dreams shattered today.

Maggie & Molly

I heard that once they stopped the race they had people go into stores, shops, etc along the route until they could clear the roads of anything questionable.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Looked like 4:11 on the race clock, which means lots of people were still out on the course.

Pretty close to the average marathon finish time, when you consider the chip times of the people going across the line at that point would have been several minutes slower than 4:11.  Calculated for maximum casualties?

Hey, how about that...just when I didn't think I could get any more angry about this.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Maggie & Molly

Pretty close to the average marathon finish time, when you consider the chip times of the people going across the line at that point would have been several minutes slower than 4:11.  Calculated for maximum casualties?

Hey, how about that...just when I didn't think I could get any more angry about this.

this was my thoughts, exactly

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Hip Redux

There was also (reportedly) a bomb under the grand stand at the finish line that didn't go off.  That would have also upped the casualties number, so a silver lining that it didn't explode.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Thinking I might sport one of these at OKC in two weeks:

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Just sickening.

Sad

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

BeeRunB

BeeRunB

more varied, less obnoxious coverage from the local news at WBZ:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

jojo61397

Thoughts and prayers to my running buddies out there running the Boston...  I hope you are staying safe...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                                Sub- 1:45 hour half.