The 117th Boston Marathon (Read 842 times)

Have all of our known RA'ers that ran or attended yesterday been accounted for?

Sad day.
    Praying for all involved (directly or indirectly).

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Have all of our known RA'ers that ran or attended yesterday been accounted for?

Sad day.
      Praying for all involved (directly or indirectly).

Yes, I believe all are accounted for and okay.  So sorry for all those affected by this.

FSBD

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

bhearn

Quote from marathon maniac Demi Clark, who was crossing the finish line as it happened.

Two bombs exploded as I crossed the finish line at 4:09. I can't hear, I'm ok, kids & Brian were in the bleachers which saved me - I moved to the right to see them as I crossed finish. Runners down to my left. Chaos. God is here. God is here. Pray for all those victims it was so so horrible so much blood. Pray.

Jeff, that was really great.

+1

Just read this, thought it was good, too. Sorry if it's maybe already been linked...

http://www.billyrubinsblog.org/2013/04/further-notes-on-senseless-agony.html

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Why is it sideways?

Thanks, folks. The family of running is very large this morning.

Thanks, folks. The family of running is very large this morning.

Thanks, brother!  Well written.

As somebody commented to your post... "you are the poet of our sport".

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Prince of Fatness

Just a PSA for everyone to please be aware that there are those out there who are looking to exploit this tragedy.

http://isc.sans.edu/diary/Fake+Boston+Marathon+Scams+Update/15617

Not at it at all. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I like this one. Note the name of the link before you click on it and it is worth clicking on.

http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

...I alternated between praying for Boston and getting more pissed off during my run today.  It was an emotional one.  Not my most consistent pace, but oh well.

Regarding your second-to-last sentence, I agree...but sadly, I give it about a day, maybe two before the Republicans and Democrats start blaming each other, someone blames religion, someone else blames [insert non-religious group here], and we're back to business as usual.

Yeah I did the same thing today, I ran a 2.62 today in memoriam for them (recovery for injury so didn't go the full), it just hits home cause I feel like one of my own was attacked as a runner/spectator.

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

Not dead. Yet.

I like this one. Note the name of the link before you click on it and it is worth clicking on.

http://bostonmarathonconspiracy.com/

Took me a second and then I laughed out loud.

MTA: Wait; it's blank.  At first I thought that was the point.  Something like "there can be no conspiracy about the Boston Marathon", but this article gives it more meaning:  http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/16/quick-thinking-netizen-builds-simple-site-to-stop-a-boston-marathon-conspiracy-theory-kook/

Wonder why they took down the text.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?