MCM 08 (Read 455 times)

dfd64

Has anyone run theMCM before? I've seen the elevation grids over the first 8 miles, how are the hills that are shown in that graphic?

Hawt and sexy

I paced a friend at MCM last year. The biggest problem with the race is the crowd of other runners that you need to weave around. The hills were nothing special. Most of them were on-ramps and off-ramps of highways. That was weird, running on a part of interstate that was closed, oncoming lanes open and people driving by honking and waving over the barriers. Or people stopping/parking on the open interstate to stand on the barrier and cheer. Good times.

I'm touching your pants.

SmileI have run it before and will be doing it again this year. I agree, no real hills to worry about, but tons of people. The Marines are fun too. Kathy
        BostonRnr

I was happy to hear these responses. I'm running MCM this fall as my first marathon and was a bit nervous about the hills. Thanks all!
          seeEricaRun

Awesome

Has anyone run theMCM before? I've seen the elevation grids over the first 8 miles, how are the hills that are shown in that graphic?
            I ran in 2006, and I agree with the other posters, with the exception that the only hill to worry about occurs in the last .2 miles of the race. Luckily it's short, so I doubt it as much of an effect on your time as your mental status. I didn't even really notice the early hills, of course, it's hard to notice anything since you're too busy trying not to trip or be tripped. It's a fun race though, there's a ton of enthusiasm, and lots of 3-year-old hands to slap.

The beginning of the race was pretty easy for me. (I started in the 2nd row of runners so weaving around wasn't a problem.) There are a few hills but nothing that is overly difficult or overly long. Around mile 7-8 there was a pretty steep hill that you run down with a hairpin turn that was a little difficult, but unless you are a wheeler it isn't too bad.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)