*whimpers* (Read 1034 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Longest. run. ever. (last week I did my previous longest. run. ever.). Damn...how in Hades am I supposed to do 8.2 MORE miles at a minute or two faster pace?! Holy hell that last 3 miles was uncomfortable...didn't hit the wall, but definitely felt like I was running through a semi-solid substance. Dead BTW, that sit in 6" or so of icy cold water (we have a deep well and our tap water is SUPER cold--no need for ice) was some good stuff. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

GP160

good job Kirsten!
      Ironman Louisville 8-30-09

Menace to Sobriety

cool

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Beer...ahhh... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

Beer...ahhh... Big grin
            well deserved! cheers

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Nice job Kirsten! Enjoy an Oberon before they take it away for the year! Cry
              - Tony
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice job Kirsten! Enjoy an Oberon before they take it away for the year! Cry
                Cry I know...next month is the end. I already told did that we need to stock up for Winter. Blush

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Longest. run. ever. (last week I did my previous longest. run. ever.). Damn...how in Hades am I supposed to do 8.2 MORE miles at a minute or two faster pace?! Holy hell that last 3 miles was uncomfortable...didn't hit the wall, but definitely felt like I was running through a semi-solid substance. Dead BTW, that sit in 6" or so of icy cold water (we have a deep well and our tap water is SUPER cold--no need for ice) was some good stuff. Smile
                  Way to go, k! Any shrinkage with the cold water bath? Heh! So, is Oberon a summer only brew? I thought of you when I saw it in the Walmart in Ludington. I think they had it on sale for 7 bucks or something like that. They also had Bud Light Lime on sale too though. Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Way to go, k! Any shrinkage with the cold water bath? Heh! So, is Oberon a summer only brew? I thought of you when I saw it in the Walmart in Ludington. I think they had it on sale for 7 bucks or something like that. They also had Bud Light Lime on sale too though. Big grin
                    They didn't put the Bud next to the Oberon, did they?! Shocked Sacrilege... Yeah, Oberon is May thru Sept., I believe. Heh, no shrinkage, at least not that I was aware. I did kinda get goose pimply, though (I'll let you guys come up with your own scenarios Roll eyesEvil grin).

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

They didn't put the Bud next to the Oberon, did they?! Shocked Sacrilege... Yeah, Oberon is May thru Sept., I believe. Heh, no shrinkage, at least not that I was aware. I did kinda get goose pimply, though (I'll let you guys come up with your own scenarios Roll eyesEvil grin).
                      Big grin The Oberon has a place of honor all to its own on an endcap to an aisle. Prominantly displayed *NOT* next to any sell out domestic beers. Wink

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin The Oberon has a place of honor all to its own on an endcap to an aisle. Prominantly displayed *NOT* next to any sell out domestic beers. Wink
                        Phew! I'm relieved to hear that--Wal-Hole did something right! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomy... How did the knee hold up? Good Job! Bob
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bob, the knee is doing MUCH better ever since I started wearing the Superfeet insoles. Still give me some issues, but nowhere near as bad as before the insoles. It complained today, but never too loudly. Today EVERYTHING complained, though, so the knee was just joining-in. It was one of those runs that never felt good, even after the first 2-3 miles that always feel yucky. It felt pretty off the entire way. I'm glad that my really long runs are alternating weeks from here-on-out. I think my body is ready to do more mid-distance runs and less of these 3+ hour ones.

~ Sarah Kay

How exciting!! Congrats on your longest run!!! Glad to hear that Superfeet are pulling through for you.

Michelle

Purdey

Self anointed title

Kirsten, Awesome stuff. Well done. You will have no problem with the last few miles - the race will pull you through. Just a thought - maybe this long run was harder than the last because your legs hadn't recovered (even though it may have felt as if they had)? A few coaches (eg Galloway) recommend doing the long run every other week when it gets to 18 miles to allow a full recovery. Have you considered this? What is the longest run you are planning before the marathon?