Favorite Running Socks (Read 122 times)

Another Injinji wearer.

Tip: get a size larger than their chart says you need and let them shrink to fit. Less or no pressure on the tips of your toes.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Kataki

Are the compression injinjis any good?

I see mixed reviews online. I wear (and like) the MudGear compression socks.

Joann Y

Black balega hidden comfort  It's practically the only sock I own besides some compression and hiking socks. I never search for missing socks because they all match. Wear them to work, running  whatever.

I never search for missing socks because they all match. Wear them to work, running  whatever.

I may have a problem because when we were on vacation, my wife accidentally grabbed a pair of my Feetures and put them on, and said "ooh, these are nice!". So they may start to go missing.

Dave

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Injinji for long runs. Recently received some Balega that I like. Lidl sold some Crivet running socks I like.

I don’t like the double layer socks like Wrightsocks.

mta spelling and add:  love Darn Tough socks

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
            5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Merino...I look for anything that's at least 1/3 wool. Sierra Trading Post has some good deals, right now.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

This is where I buy my socks, too.

Sierra Trading Post has some good deals, right now.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
                5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

The injinji looks like a solid option, especially for blister prevention. What’s the deal with the wool? Is that for cold weather running or year round?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is where I buy my socks, too.

It’s super dangerous that there’s a mall <1 hour from me with TJX, STP, and Home Goods.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The injinji looks like a solid option, especially for blister prevention. What’s the deal with the wool? Is that for cold weather running or year round?

I haven't tried their wool blend yet, but wool is a great fabric for all weather conditions. Like polar fleece, it stays warm when wet, but it also dries quickly because it does not retain moisture very well. Wool is durable, too. The Smartwool PhD socks are great, even if they don't have toes.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I haven't tried their wool blend yet, but wool is a great fabric for all weather conditions. Like polar fleece, it stays warm when wet, but it also dries quickly because it does not retain moisture very well. Wool is durable, too. The Smartwool PhD socks are great, even if they don't have toes.

Cool, thanks!

John Wood

Darn tough, only socks I wear. Both daily and running

tenderfeet

Only Injinji socks for me! And BTW: their compression socks are great too!

Gorris317

Balega Hidden Comforts. They are crazy comfortable.