Another 2,000+ mile year without a single step on a dreadmill (Read 1177 times)

any other anti-dreadmillers out there??
    MM# 1477

Flat footer

I run on dreadmills now and then but I'm still anti-dreadmill Evil grin
      Jill_B

I fly.

Good for you! Someday I'll do all my runs outside, when the kids are both in school...

Bring it on.

A Saucy Wench

I am anti-dreadmill, but I was forced to take a few steps on one and the closure of my gym during ice conditions has convinced me to buy one. It takes some seriously bad weather for me to do it. There is no amount of cold or rain that will drive me indoors, the only dreadmill time for me is ice. If I am going to fall on my ass and twist a knee every step of the way, then I'll take it indoors. MTA: Thanks to eric's new report feature I was able to determine that I ran 79.5 of my 2100.3 miles on the dreadmill. Of those 79.5 miles - 42 of them were in the last 2 weeks for our ice storm

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

any other anti-dreadmillers out there??
            I ran nearly 1600 miles for '08...0 on dreadmill (actually, since I started running nearly 3 years ago I've not logged any time on a treadmill). Though MIL bought me 2 months at a little local 24/7 gym, so I may get a few miles on one here and there--mostly for social time with a local friend who works during the day and doesn't care for Winter running after dark (can't blame her...footing can be difficult enough under broad daylight at times).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

197 out of 1060 were on the treadmill this year! I need it occasionally for my lunch hour runs...either in the summer if it is too hot, or if it is raining. I don't mind running in the rain normally, but I work in a professional office and don't have time to blow dry my hair! Anne, thanks for adding the bit about Eric's new log, I didn't even know it could do that!!!

Flat footer

Wow I ran 114 out of my 612 miles last year on a tread Dead I ran on one new years day because it was 4°F and the roads were covered with ice and snow. If I was in Southern California like you, I might not have to run on a treadmill ether. But up here in New England you have to do what you can to get in the miles...
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But up here in New England you have to do what you can to get in the miles...
                  Did you notice where I live...? YakTrax, baby. And layers...lots o' layers...and balaclavas. Treadmills...we don't need no stinkin' treadmills! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Flat footer

Im out there most days Zoomy. Look at my log, lots of 4am 20°F runs. I cross my heart that I will try harder and HTFU Tongue Still wish I was in So Cal Cool
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Still wish I was in So Cal Cool
                      Nah...we have better air. And they get hot in the Summer. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nobody likes treadmills, but not running on one doesn't make you a superhero, and running on one doesn't make you a loser. Just sayin'. MTA: congrats to the OP on the 2000+ miles. That's the real achievement. MMTA: though having grown up in Michigan, there's probably some sort of quasi-superhero thing going on in places like that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm similar to knifey - 149 miles on the TM, out of 1064. I didn't realize it was so many. I still would never leave New England, though!

Flat footer

Ok maybe just a vacation to So Cal Smile
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ok maybe just a vacation to So Cal Smile
                              OK, I'll forgive you! Wink
                                Did you notice where I live...? YakTrax, baby. And layers...lots o' layers...and balaclavas.
                                And baclava. Lots of baclava! Big grin