Another 2,000+ mile year without a single step on a dreadmill (Read 1177 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And baclava. Lots of baclava! Big grin
    For breakfast, even! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

For breakfast, even! Big grin
      Ha! I thought of that thread when I replied!
      nkeliher

Running nut

Nice job on both the 2000 miles and on keeping it outdoors. I did 140 miles indoors last year (out of 980 total) and most of the time it was just for convenience since my work has a gym about 100 feet from my cubicle. I always try to get outside if I have time since the miles fly by much faster.

an amazing likeness

any other anti-dreadmillers out there??
          Absolutely. I logged 2,020 miles in 2008...every mile outdoors. I'm at 0 lifetime treadmill miles.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Why all the hatin' on treadmills? Running is good and I generally prefer running outside to inside--as evidenced by the fact that a mere 67 of my 3,110 miles in 2008 were on a 'mill--but sometimes the treadmill is the best option. It's the runnning that matters. You do what you gotta do.

Runners run

Absolutely. I logged 2,020 miles in 2008...every mile outdoors. I'm at 0 lifetime treadmill miles.
              Very nice! I'm at 11,000+ lifetime miles - I got on a dreadmill about 5 years for a couple minutes to check on my recovery from an injury.
              MM# 1477
                Why all the hatin' on treadmills? Running is good and I generally prefer running outside to inside--as evidenced by the fact that a mere 67 of my 3,110 miles in 2008 were on a 'mill--but sometimes the treadmill is the best option. It's the runnning that matters. You do what you gotta do.
                Im with you here - when its late and dark and icy and cold the treadmill is pretty inviting. I (like most other runners) consider the treadmill close to a last opion, but there are definately days when it is the very best option. Also I wear glasses and HATE to run in the rain because the water beads up and I cant see - TM is pretty good on those rainy days too...

Champions are made when no one is watching

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

If I did not live in the" deep south " a would more than likely run on a treadmill. I am truly blessed.Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I don't own a treadmill but, this is the time of the year when I wish I did. I'm not a running purist. I don't own one because I'm cheap, they're expensive, & they use up electricity. However, sometimes when it's cold & icy & my foot slides back in the slush every time I push off I wish I had a treadmill alternative.
                      However, sometimes when it's cold & icy & my foot slides back in the slush every time I push off I wish I had a treadmill alternative.
                      That's when you have to think of how strong it's going to make you when you have clear pavement! I own a treadmill though- love the fact that it's there when needed.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't get me wrong, my hat's off to anyone who slogs it out through mud, slush, snow and cold. That takes a great amount of mental and physical toughness. But ever run 2 hours on a 'mill? That takes a helluva a lot of mental toughness, too. It's a whole lot easier to call it a day when you're a few steps from your living room than when you're 7 miles from home. Like Mikey said, what really matters is the running. A choice between running on a treadmill and not running at all ain't no choice.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

If I did not live in the" deep south " a would more than likely run on a treadmill. I am truly blessed.Cool
                          If I lived in the deep south, I would have definitely put more miles on the treadmill than I do living in New England!! Above 75 sucks.

Flat footer

If I lived in the deep south, I would have definitely put more miles on the treadmill than I do living in New England!! Above 75 sucks.
                            I'm with you there. The heat just sucks the life out of my legs.
                              Hi all, Not trying to start WW3. I have the good fortune of living in So Cal where I can run in shorts almost the entire year. If I lived back east, I'd have no choice to but to jump on the 'mill as well. Just keep running, be it indoor or out!
                              MM# 1477
                              xor

Hi all, Not trying to start WW3.
                                Yes you were. Instigator.