Another 2,000+ mile year without a single step on a dreadmill (Read 1177 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I'm with you there. The heat just sucks the life out of my legs.
    Heat is not a problem at 5:30 AM. In Feb 5:30 is a different story.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

what really matters is the running. A choice between running on a treadmill and not running at all ain't no choice.
      Well said.

Why is it sideways?

Me and my gang in Breck

I hate the treadmill, l but I hate the cold and snow even worse. I have a family membership to the YMCA and I broke down and used the treadmill recently and I hate it but it works.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Was it all a dream?

1600+ miles on the treadmill last year... Just sayin'
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, I think you definitely get the HTFU award!!
                Of course that was in addition to more than 2,400 outside miles. (hattrick opportunity)

Runners run

Dude.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I fear you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

As I slogged through slush up to my ankles this morning I did question the value of running outside on a day like today vs. driving to the gym and running on a tread. Today was a recovery day, so I figured it was ok, but seriously, the fastest I could safely manage was 12 mm, I had to keep stopping to try to skip over puddles that were 6+ inches deep etc. I ran out of time before I could get my normal Monday mileage in and cut it short by a little. hmmm.... Actually I just bought a treadmill on Saturday for emergency use, but I probably wont have it set up until this weekend at the earliest.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Looks like ice this Wednesday morning and that's the only thing that'll get me on the tmill. I can deal with snow and rain but that ice stings. But I'm not looking forward to 8-10 miles on a tmill. Tongue

ultramarathon/triathlete

I run about 60% outdoor, 40% treadmill. Used to be able to run 20 miles on one, now 4 or 5 seems mind numbing. Funny how you change. I'll take any running though. Sometimes it's just too crappy out. Besides, my gym has a nice steam room and sauna that are a nice pay off for having to log winter miles on that thing.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

Old, Slow, Happy

I have done 2000+ for three years in a row. I probably do 100 miles each year on a treadmill. I get a gym membership for Feb. I will run my short runs in gym on occasion. I can't stand anything more than 3 or 4 miles on the treadmill. I think the treadmill is good for helping with injury recovery. I'm not anti-treadmill. I just like running outside. I do have to question the value of running on the ice we had earlier this winter.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks like ice this Wednesday morning and that's the only thing that'll get me on the tmill. I can deal with snow and rain but that ice stings. But I'm not looking forward to 8-10 miles on a tmill. Tongue
                                Ice is bad. We had a storm 2 days ago and the secondary and residential roads (ie where I run) are still icy...no temps warm enough in the forecast to melt it, either. Some schools have been closed the last 2 days, even though it is sunny and there is little snow, since the busses can't navigate those roads to pick students up. Stinks. I'm hitting the dreadmill for the second time this week (heck, second time ever) thanks to this garbage. Can't even use YakTrax on it and I'm not sure I'd want to be on icy roads with cars, anyhow. Luckily we have snow in the forecast. An inch or two of snow on top of the ice will at least make the YakTrax useable.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay