Another 2,000+ mile year without a single step on a dreadmill (Read 1177 times)

1600+ miles on the treadmill last year... Just sayin'
    I got you beat. 1800+ miles on the treadmill last year

Res firma mitescere nescit
    Running in Tampa

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I got you beat. 1800+ miles on the treadmill last year
      Nicely done. Though "beat" is a relative term -- have you seen schneidr's race times? Shocked Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Nicely done. Though "beat" is a relative term -- have you seen schneidr's race times? Shocked Tongue
        So I not only ran more treadmill miles but also on the treadmill for twice as long as he was.

Res firma mitescere nescit
        Running in Tampa

MrH

So I not only ran more treadmill miles but also on the treadmill for twice as long as he was.
          Good point; time spent should be a factor. Although sleeping on it when it's turned off doesn't count. The true measure should be miles covered multiplied by hours.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

any other anti-dreadmillers out there??
            2008 miles in 2008. 0 on the treadmill. I just don't have the mental toughness to run on a treadmill... hat's off to those who can do it. I did about an hour on one 3-4 years ago... it was mentally harder than any race I've run.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did 5 miles on one today...only my second run on one. There's 55 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Tomorrow I run 6 on the road. F the ice, I don't care. I'd rather have a broken hip than run for more than an hour at a time on that hamster wheel.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

I did 5 miles on one today...only my second run on one. There's 55 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Tomorrow I run 6 on the road. F the ice, I don't care. I'd rather have a broken hip than run for more than an hour at a time on that hamster wheel.
                You just need to watch good television when you are on it and it's not so bad. And by good television, I mean crap that you would not otherwise allow yourself to watch.

Bring it on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You just need to watch good television when you are on it and it's not so bad. And by good television, I mean crap that you would not otherwise allow yourself to watch.
                  I tried...I think the distance and angle of the TVs is bad. They are too close and too high (I'm farsighted, which doesn't help). I can't focus on them well or keep my head at that angle without getting a sore neck. I think I need to crank the tunes in my iPod and zone out. It did help that I've done my 2 dreadmill runs with Heather73, so we can chat, but it's still a miserable experience (especially since we are both dealing with sinus/cold issues and hacking and wheezing--I'm sure the other people at the gym love that).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

Well it's freezing rain here so I did 5.1 on the treadmill at the gym. I'm proud to say that I'll run on the treadmill as necessary, AND I have no aspirations to run a marathon or half-marathon. Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Prince of Fatness

Tomorrow I run 6 on the road. F the ice, I don't care. I'd rather have a broken hip than run for more than an hour at a time on that hamster wheel.
                      Nice. Just for that I am going out tomorrow, too. It's supposed to be freezing rain here changing to a cold rain by the time I go out in the afternoon. F the weather, I'm going.

Not at it at all. 

mikeymike

I shopped for treadmills on craigslist this morning after an aborted "run". Still probably looking at a grand for anything worth owning and cash being king right now that's probably not in the cards. Still, it was somewhat theraputic to look after getting a mile from home and saying "eff it" and turning around and slogging home. Running Boston? Shit. I'd settle for stringing together a single 70 mile week at this point.

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

Anyone else run on an indoor track? I'm a dreadmill hater, but my local rec center has a 100m track that I'm OK with. It gets a bit mind-numbing running round and round but it's better than running in place! Last year I ran 118 miles out of 1421 total on the indoor track.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Prince of Fatness

Anyone else run on an indoor track?
                            I did years ago at the Y near me. It was an elevated track that circled the basketball courts. It was OK to run on but I ended up getting a case of ITBS from it, I believe it was from the sharp corners on the track, it was more rectangular than oval. After that I have just resolved to running outside.

Not at it at all. 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I did years ago at the Y near me. It was an elevated track that circled the basketball courts. It was OK to run on but I ended up getting a case of ITBS from it, I believe it was from the sharp corners on the track, it was more rectangular than oval. After that I have just resolved to running outside.
                              Same here. I ran some on a 12-lap to the mile thing during the summer when the southern heat/humidity was unbearable. I ran on the very outside of the track rather than the inside to reduce the effect of the curves. This was one of the few times where my dorky Footpod for my Garmin came in handy. The Footpod is for indoor use of the Garmin when you can't get the GPS signal. Anyhow, it was nice to be able to run without keeping track of the laps.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Our Y track is 19 laps to a mile. I did 6 miles on it on Saturday. Ack. It doesn't bother my ankles, but DS16 ran for about 10 minutes on it and he didn't like it at all. I think I prefer the track to the TM.