Can a trail shoe be used on the road? (Read 736 times)

CraigDeMello

I recently bought a pair a Asics and found out they are actually for trail running.  I have used them on the road and they seem fine.  Any thoughts?

Marquess of Utopia

Can I drive this on the road? Yes, but it also works great off road.

jpnairn

straw man

Some "trail" shoes are made with stiffer soles and less cushion than road shoes. Some have big traction lugs that tend to get rocks lodged in them.

But sure, you can wear trail shoes on the road. Like any other shoes, you have to try them out to know if you really like them.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

Right on Hereford...

I recently bought a pair a Asics and found out they are actually for trail running.  I have used them on the road and they seem fine.  Any thoughts?

No problem. I have the Asics Gel Trabuco 12 WR and they have great cushioning on the road.

It's not like cycling, where a mountain bike is way slower than a road bike on pavement. With shoes, I don't know if you could tell the difference in most cases.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

No problem. I have the Asics Gel Trabuco 12 WR and they have great cushioning on the road.

It's not like cycling, where a mountain bike is way slower than a road bike on pavement. With shoes, I don't know if you could tell the difference in most cases.

I love my Trabucos!

Will be wearing them for my road marathon in 2 weeks.

And, will likely wear them for my trail marathon in 5 weeks.

Liz

pace sera, sera

I love my Trabucos!

+2

They were my first pair of shoes when I started to dabble in running over a year ago. I just like the aggressive look to them.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Dunottar

Apparently, you've negotiated a bipartisan concensus from the Left and the Right. That's quite an accomplishment.

Keeping that support in the long run will be difficult, but not impossible. Hold your base, massage this agreement, and you should be fine.

CraigDeMello

I appreciate the comments.  I am new to running and want to make sure I don't kill my knees, shins, and feet.  The cushion is pretty thick and then roll nicely from heel to toe. I've only run 6 miles on them to date and so far so good. We shall see how they endure over the long run. No pun intended.