A THUNDERBOLT CALLED USAIN BOLT: The fastest man on earth (Read 918 times)

Man in Tights

What an awesome race. 9.69 secs. He just blew away the field. Powell was just biting the dust.
      Isn't Usain Bolt an excellent name for a sprinter?
      redleaf

and he seemed to have more in him! Shocked

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Did you see him in the semifinal? At about 50 meters he had it in the bag, was looking around, shut it down and still cruised in well under 10 seconds. It didn't even look like he was trying. He's in a league of his own.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Junior Amphibian

I'd like to know Usain Bolt's marathon record. Big grin

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

and he seemed to have more in him! Shocked
              You have to keep in mind, he doesn't even consider the 100 his specialty. When is the 200?

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The young Mama Bear!

Isn't this the first year he's competed in the 100? He's freaking crazy. Kept on running...lucky bastard.
                Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.

Feeling the growl again

I still have problems respecting showboat sprinters who can't even put it all into a 100m Olympic final. They always talk about how they "could" have gone faster but "weren't here for time" -- C'mon, what was there to lose by running hard an extra 20m?? He'll probably to like Maurice Green, repeat a similar line next race too and then never run the miraculous time they always claim to be capable of. That said, he is truly amazing and that 9.69 WITH showboating phenominal. I just would have rather seen the 9.67.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Menace to Sobriety

I wonder if he's got any hands? He'd make a hell of a wide reciever if he can catch anything. Defensive backs, beware.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Why is it sideways?

I wonder if he's got any hands? He'd make a hell of a wide reciever if he can catch anything. Defensive backs, beware.
                      Totally. It's a shame that all that talent is going to waste in the Olympics.
                        Would you all please stop with the spoilers! I have this race recorded and have not had a chance to watch it yet. Pah-leeze!

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

You haven't watched the 100m final yet? Get off the internet then! Big grin

Runners run

Menace to Sobriety

Totally. It's a shame that all that talent is going to waste in the Olympics.
                            I wouldn't call it a waste, but he's leaving an awful lot of money on the table. Even if he's a bust he'll manage to kick around the league a couple years as a novelty. His signing bonus alone will probably be more than he'll ever make in pro track.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Why is it sideways?

I dunno. Michael Johnson was signed by Nike for 12 million after winning gold in the 200 and 400 in 1997. That was comparable to the salaries of the very top players in the NFL at the time. Usain Bolt will be alright without the NFL. MTA: For example, the NFL's MVP in 1997, Brett Favre signed a 5 year 19 million dollar contract in 1997 with the Packers.

Menace to Sobriety

I don't want to turn this into a pissin' match, it's just fun to speculate. But I don't think it would matter to Nike if he played football or not, they'd still sign him if the could. Playing football would probably generate even more endorsement opportunities. He broke the record in what looked like Pumas. The left one was untied.