August Runs (Read 847 times)

One of the nicest things about this forum is that it is not full of knuckleheads who are constantly bragging about how far or how fast that they run. In fact, it seems just the opposite. As a proud member of the "good gawd he's slow" contingent I have to say it's kinda nice. It's bad enough that everyone passes me on the trail. Why would I want to go online and read posts from those people about how they passed me? lol. Anyway, I did think, however, that it would be nice to have a monthly thread to give those who normally don't brag an opportunity to show off a bit. Also, I thought it would be kind of cool if, at the beginning of the month, everyone took just a few minutes to reflect on their runs the previous month and appreciate them a bit. So, with all that in mind I thought I'd start this thread and ask two questions. If it is well received I'll try to remember to do it every month. 1) What was your longest run last month, and how fast did you do run it? For me it was a 21k that I ran in a whopping 2:24:06. See, now you KNOW I'm not bragging. 2) What was your favorite run last month? Mine was a 15k that I ran when I really didn't want to run at all. I had gone all day on only 2 hours sleep and was exhausted to the point of stupid. To compound matters, I ran at like 7pm and all I had eaten that day was a bowl of cereal in the morning. It was hot and humid ( just the way I like it ) but by the 12th k I was sweated out, out of water, and just a little daft. I actually took a wrong turn that took me two blocks in the wrong direction. Once I realized my mistake I made a right to circle back, but at the next block I turned the wrong way again! I would up running four blocks out of my way on a route that I know like the back of my hand. End result, I ran 15k plus 4 blocks and finished absolutely exhausted. But, I somehow managed the second fastest 15k I have ever run. So yeah, I liked that run.
    And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.
    monikam

Great idea anutherfinemess... 1. My longest run in August was my longest run to date, 22 miles.. I ran it at average 10:41 mm so in 3:54:41... 2. My favourite run in August was the same 22 miler because I felt great from beginning to end... One of those days when you feel like you can run forever..... Smile
      Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sep 28
        Kiddo, in my book if you ran 22 miles you DID run forever. That's pretty awesome.
        And who am I anyway?
        Just another fat jogger, evidently.

Half Fanatic #846

Longest Aug. run = 6.35 miles in 1:39. But I've been dealing with PF all month long Tongue and feel lucky to be able to run at all! Favorite Aug. run = 3.00 miles barefooted (4 mi BF today - but that's Sept); trying to strengthen my feet and ankles to fight the PF, and I find it very enjoyable. So far so good - maybe it'll work! Cool Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Dave

Longest Run in August - 19 miles in 2:49:00 Best run - First long run of the month, 11.24 miles in 1:36. Cooler weather had set in and it felt absolutely awesome despite a faster pace.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Longest: I ran my first 10 miler yesterday. Smile Took me 1:40. Favorite: That run ^^ ! The trail I ran it on was so gorgeous, and I did it early sunday morning when it was still misty and just sooo peaceful. I also had a negative split on the way home. Smile It was awesome!
                Longest run was about 8 miles, but August is too hot outside unless your early or late during the day, and you must have got a runners high on only 2 hours of sleep, in the fall I might move it up to a 10 mile run, but anything after about 8 miles and my legs start giving in which is one of the things I am working on.

Hawt and sexy

My longest run in August was my failed attempt at a 50 mile race. I did 35 miles in 9 hours. Since I only ended up getting 103 total miles for the month, I pretty much broke every rule with that one.

I'm touching your pants.

Longest Run= 7 miler that took me about 1:45. It felt awesome though Favorite Run= 5 miler on Sat. My pace was 13:50/mi which for me was FAST! But my fav. part about it was that my brother (who is MUCH faster than me) ran the last half with me. It is really a lot of fun having someone to chat with while you run.

A Saucy Wench

Longest run 22 miles ..sigh back when august was going well. 3:38:11 or a 9:54 pace. I remember that I struggled for the first 12 or 13 miles and then floated through the rest. The last 8 miles or so were around a 9:30 pace. It was the day after my 10K so I felt really good about how I ran it Probably either the 22 miler or the 10K the day before...a good weekend.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

Longest run was a 9.85 run at a 10:16 pace. August was my highest mileage month by less than a mile. Had quite a few good runs, but last night's was probably the best. Running the Nike run with my sister and brother in law. Just seeing my sister getting into running and running with the both of them was a lot of fun.

Asics' Benefactor

Longest was a 7 mile run in 1:08 Favorite was my trail run this past Saturday
                          2008 Goals:
                          Run 5k (Naked Juice) 07/13/08 - 28:39
                          Run 10K (San Diego AIDS) 09/28/08 - 51:59
                          Run a 25 mile week Run a 100 mile month

Old, Slow, Happy

My longest run: I ran several 12 milers. The one that seemed the longest was when I tried a new pair of shoes and caused a sore knee. The time was about 1:54:00. My favorite run was last Sunday morning. Another 12 miler, but my knee didn't hurt very much. It was a beautiful morning. My time was about 1:51:00.
                            pitrunner

Longest run - 10 miles (first time ever!!) on Saturday morning. Took me 1:56. Favorite run - my 10k trail race on 8/23. The course was hard, but so much fun.
                              Kimmie

Longest run: 20 miles this past Sat. took 3:08 Favorite Run: Leesburg 20K- ran it in 1:42... I've not liked this race in previous years but this year the weather was mild so I was ready for a PR.